Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Disappointed immigrants (?) go home

These types of articles are why the Houston Chronicle is slowly going out of business

Reversing course for survival
    As jobs in the U.S. dry up, immigrants return home to work for a fraction of the pay — and many never leave Mexico at all
    By JAMES PINKERTON
    Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    March 28, 2009, 10:26PM

First of two parts

SAN MIGUEL de ALLENDE, MEXICO — A few miles outside this Mexican resort city, Jose Nicolas Pichardo laid the stone foundation of a new store.

The 56-year-old is glad to have the job, but he makes a fraction of the $11 an hour he earned in Texas.

The 56-year-old is glad to have the job, but he makes a fraction of the $11 an hour he earned in Texas.

“I was working in Houston doing stonework like here, but at apartments,â€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

One of those trying to survive is Jose Guerrero, who has returned to his village near the Querétaro state line. After losing his job last year in the U.S., he now has plenty of time to ride his horse along dusty streets on the slopes of a dramatic mountain valley.

The 32-year-old former welder spoke of pressures he faces after he and 300 workers building a power plant in Kansas were laid off in December. He was making $28 an hour. Since coming home to his wife and five young children, he’s been unable to land a job.
    So no American would be interested in making $28 bucks an hour as a welder? This BS that illegal invaders are doing jobs that Americans won't do is a lie and fraud being perpetrated against this country and our citizens!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    One of those trying to survive is Jose Guerrero, who has returned to his village near the Querétaro state line. After losing his job last year in the U.S., he now has plenty of time to ride his horse along dusty streets on the slopes of a dramatic mountain valley.

The 32-year-old former welder spoke of pressures he faces after he and 300 workers building a power plant in Kansas were laid off in December. He was making $28 an hour. Since coming home to his wife and five young children, he’s been unable to land a job.
    So no American would be interested in making $28 bucks an hour as a welder? This BS that illegal invaders are doing jobs that Americans won't do is a lie and fraud being perpetrated against this country and our citizens!!!
    Millions of Americans would like a job that pays $28 an hour. These traitors pushing illegal immigration and all this excessive legal immigration are just pathological psychotic sociopathic liars. I've never seen anything as dishonest in our country as the lines "jobs Americans won't do" and "Free Trade is good for America."

It's a national disgrace.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If you don't have a job, you better start planting a garden and milking the goat.

They do not come to America to survive, they come because of greed.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“I came back because I earned so little I couldn’t support myself there, or maintain my family here
    I am sure their family is doing well in Mexico for all the money that gets sent home. Some of the small towns down south ought to be doing well also since billions of dollars left this country to fund their communities down there.

I agree all these sob stories about how illegals stole their way into a country to make a living on Americans jobs.

So why is it they have to come here for a dream. Evidentally they have the know how to create their own dream right there at their homelands. Why make their problems ,mine? Because up here they become OUR problem!

They are so good at trying to change the USA why don't they spend that energy to change their countries? That is not a tough question. I'll tell you why. Because our infrasructure is in place and all she needs is some upkeep and changes. This in turn creates the jobs.

Send them all packing!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

"Send them all packing"!

Hey that would make a great bumper sticker, uniteasone!

Sing it Brothers and Sisters!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    If you don't have a job, you better start planting a garden and milking the goat.

They do not come to America to survive, they come because of greed.

Dixie
    Yeah. There's another article I read tonight that said this one high school teacher in Mexico couldn't get the youths to go to college because they were telling him they wanted to go to America to get a big truck like there older brother/uncle/etc...

Thank you judy.....Maybe we ought to have some printed up judy. Except I would put them on my rear window so they are MORE VISIBLE.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I'd even consider a removable tattoo on my forehead at this point to send the message.