Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Georgetown Votes For New Legal Immigration Work Proposal

Georgetown Votes For New Legal Immigration Work Proposal

Updated: Dec 19, 2007 10:30 PM PST

The City of Georgetown is taking new steps to crack down on illegal immigration.

The council voted unanimously to have staff write a proposal for a new city ordinance that would require contractors to prove their employees are in this country legally.

That's how Georgetown council member Keith Brainard came up with the idea to create an ordinance ensuring anyone working for the city in any manner, including sub-contracted, is a legal immigrant.

"People are tired of illegal immigration," Brainard said. "They would like this country to police its borders."

While some in Georgetown agree, some like Guadalupe Rodriguez don't.

"When they come here they are willing to do anything, just as long as they can make enough money to support their families," Rodriguez said.

She said one reason the council may support the idea is because there is no one on the council who looks like her.

CARLA "are they of different ethnicities? keith I'm sorry

"We have five men and two women," Brainard said. "I don't really think in terms of people ethnicity. As far as I can tell, they are all caucasion."

"It's just very hard, I guess, for a different kind of race to get on the board," Rodriguez said.

Meanwhile, Brainard said the issue is not about race.

"If you are in this country legally than you won't have a problem with this proposal," Brainard said. "It really boils down to that. It really gets down to the issue of whether or not the City of Georgetown is going to support and encourage illegal immigration, or not support illegal immigration."

Georgetown staff members are preparing the proposal for the city council to consider at their next meeting on Jan. 8.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=7522775&nav=0s3d
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is great news!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"While some in Georgetown agree, some like Guadalupe Rodriguez don't. "

How about the opinions of non-latinos??????? Or don't they count? I read dozens and dozens of articles everyday, and all I ever see quoted are latinos. I wonder if I went to mexico and read their papers if all I would see are American quotes????

This silliness has got to be stopped.

When is someone going to have the courage to respond to that kind of talk with a 'get real'!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good news
    Hope it spreads to the next town - Round Rock Tx

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Good news
    Hope it spreads to the next town - Round Rock Tx
    Ditto. My ex-wife, who is an illegal alien, lives there now. I've reported her whereabouts 3 times to the INS. They always sound eager on the phone but then they do nothing.

"When they come here they are willing to do anything, just as long as they can make enough money to support their families," Rodriguez said.

She said one reason the council may support the idea is because there is no one on the council who looks like her
    Always it goes to race and wanting a better life (for Latinos).

Never is there an admission that they and their governments are in the wrong.

Always it's a broken immigration system that doesn't allow them and their governments to decide who and how many immigrate to America.

Obviously, the citizens and local governments of America are being unreasonable. Enforcing laws and making decisions not pre-approved by the illegals and their handlers. What's next? Pretty soon the people will think America is a sovereign country that belongs to American citizens.

Williamson County LULAC Objects to Georgetown ''Citizenship'' Proposal

Posted by editor on Saturday, December 29 @ 10:03:25 MST

To The Georgetown City Council:

It has come to our attention that the Georgetown City Council will vote on January 8th to consider enacting a new Hazleton style city ordinance that will require contractors and subcontractors to prove their employees are in this country legally.

LULAC Council 4721 requests that the Georgetown City Council table the creation of any anti-immigrant ordinance. Georgetown’s anti-immigrant ordinance is simply not needed. Immigration law is a matter reserved for the U.S. Congress and federal law. In fact, in 1986 Congress enacted sweeping legislation that makes it unlawful for businesses to employ illegal immigrants and expressly pre-empts states and localities from imposing their own civil or criminal penalties.

The ordinance that is being contemplated is fueled by a mixture of misinformation and fear, if enacted, it will foster discrimination and racial profiling in Georgetown. This ill conceived ordinance will create opportunities to discriminate against anyone who simply looks like he or she might be an undocumented worker, citizen and non-citizen alike.

Other states and municipalities across the country have unsuccessfully attempted to adopt similarly divisive, unnecessary and illegal measures. Court’s across this country have found Hazelton type ordinances unconstitutional because it encroaches on federal immigration powers, fails to provide procedural protection to people before they are fired and violates federal civil rights laws. The Supreme Court has already determined it was the exclusive province of the federal government to determine whether a person is in the United States lawfully or not.

Our Council urges the Georgetown City Council to avoid spending taxpayer dollars on an ordinance that will simply produce legal challenges that will burden the local taxpayer.

Jose Orta,President LULAC Council 4721

http://texascivilrightsreview.org
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LULAC Council 4721 requests that the Georgetown City Council table the creation of any anti-immigrant ordinance.

Coming from LULAC, the word "request" is a threat.

Other states and municipalities across the country have unsuccessfully attempted to adopt similarly divisive, unnecessary and illegal measures.

Funny how LULAC calls this an "illegal" measure, but supports "illegal aliens".

This kinda crap has to stop. If they are not here illegaly then they have nothing to worry about. Sounds like Georgetown needs lots of support phone calls and emails. Will see what I can find out on numbers and addresses. I hope this catches on around here, this is just up the road from me.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Well-well, LULAC hates making Mexicans obey the law. Shocking. Time for the ACLU to file a lawsuit. Dang I'd like to see the citizens of Texas rise up again and toss these blood-suckin' illegal aliens and all their legal help right out on their butts, again, for the third time. I'd recommend we start with Senor Orta. And another thing. I'm sick of having them threaten the SLAPP tactic. Recall that's the tactic where they sue and sue and sue until you go bankrupt or surrender. They have unlimited legal war chests available, hundreds of millions, while these little towns are on their own. Only two alternatives seem reasonable. First, the government needs to help these little towns like Mexico helps illegal aliens; or the citizens need to seize control and physically toss them. We're at war and fair is fair, enough is enough.
    '58 Airedale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast