Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Illegal Immigrants Arrested Following Raid in Amherst

5/16/07
    Illegal Immigrants Arrested Following Raid in Amherst

Nearly two dozen illegal aliens are in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody, after a raid Wednesday morning.

I.C.E. agents and Lamb County Sheriff's deputies served search warrants at two Amherst dairies around 8am.

A spokesperson for I.C.E. says agents found 17 people working illegally, at 5 Star Dairy and Milk Harvest Dairy in Amherst, about 50 miles northwest of Lubbock. The suspects include 5 women and 12 men.

A similar raid happened at these same two dairies in May 2006. Wednesday's raid came after information revealed that some of the same suspects had returned to work at the dairy.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=6526575&nav=3w6y
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    A similar raid happened at these same two dairies in May 2006. Wednesday's raid came after information revealed that some of the same suspects had returned to work at the dairy.
    I think it's time for an employer to go to JAIL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I think it's time for an employer to go to JAIL!!!!!
    Exactly! They are anti-American and should be stripped of their citizenship if they do it again.

I grew up very near this place but in in New Mexico. There was a meat packing plant between Amarillo, TX and Clovis, NM,close to Bovina, TX. The Immigration people would come and load them all up and send them back to Mexico and the packing house would keep their jobs open for them because they would be back a week later.

This was 30years ago and it is still happening.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: TX: Illegal Immigrants Arrested Following Raid in Amhers

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    A similar raid happened at these same two dairies in May 2006.
    Fine these two dairymen $10,000 per illegal this time. They'll have legal workers for the raid next year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ICE Agents Crack Big Illegal Immigrant Case

May 17, 2007

Immigration officials arrest more than a dozen illegal aliens in Amherst Wednesday.
    Officers took into custody 17 Mexican nationals at two dairy farms in the latest West Texas migrant-worker bust. And it`s not the first time illegal workers have been found at these two dairies.

The suspected illegal aliens were arrested at the Five Star Dairy and Milk Harvest Dairy in Amherst. They were then processed at the federal building in Lubbock. A spokesman with Immigration and Customs Enforcement or ICE, told us they`ve arrested a few repeat offenders.

"We arrested seventeen people, twelve men and five women. Right now, the initial investigation we believe they are all from Mexico" says ICE Agent Carl Rusmok.

The arrests were made by ICE agents Wednesday at two dairies in Amherst, and officials say those two dairies are no strangers to ICE officers.

"In May of 2006 we made arrests at the same locations and we had received information that some of the aliens that we had arrested and removed from the country were again working at these same locations" says Rusmok.

The seventeen arrests made in Amherst Wednesday pale in comparison to other ICE operations. In December of last year 295 illegal workers were taken from the Swift meat packing plant in Cactus, Texas. That, part of a nation-wide raid on Swift facilities that netted more than 1,300 illegal workers. ICE says the numbers don`t matter, only that immigration laws are upheld.

"They are being interviewed to identify whatever information they can and also to get information perhaps on their criminal background and fingerprinting and to see if they are wanted elsewhere" says Rusmok.

The U.S. Attorney`s office said this is an ongoing investigation so they are unable to comment on whether or not the dairy operators will face criminal charges.

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.asp?m ... ws&id=2318

I think it's great that they got 17 illegals, but I've always thought that ICE should concentrate on hotels, restaurants, construction jobs, and meat-packing plants. Why mess with these little farm-type jobs? I'm not belittling farm work, but they should go after the places where Americans are more likely to work, and have their jobs taken. Yes, Americans still do farming, but our teenagers, for example, are being knocked out of jobs in restaurants and landscaping big-time! Go after those types of employers. And the construction contractors/subcontractors. All of those wages are now depressed because of the millions of illegals.

ICE is afraid to go after the big stuff, because the powers that be don't want it to happen. I could pick out at least six construction sites by my house where they could go!

Ostrich