Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Latinos' lawsuit alleges harassment

From the liberal rag, Houston Chronicle. Notice how "Illegal" is not even mentioned....Par for the course....
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... ceff8820e0

Latinos' lawsuit alleges harassment
    Day laborers say League City is targeting them

GALVESTON — Day laborers in League City filed a federal lawsuit Thursday, accusing police of harassment and discrimination aimed at preventing them from seeking employment.

The lawsuit filed on behalf of Jornaleros de Las Palmas, a group of about 40 Latino workers, seeks to halt the alleged harassment.

The lawsuit also asks the court to declare unconstitutional a state law preventing day laborers from soliciting jobs from the street.

"The city is not targeting any other group, so we do believe the city is targeting our clients because of their race and origin," said Marisa Bono, an attorney for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

League City officials did not respond to a request for comment.

Perry also named in suit

The lawsuit names League City, Police Chief Michael Jez and Gov. Rick Perry as defendants.

Bono said Perry was named because he is charged with enforcing the section of the state transportation code that makes it illegal to stand in the roadway to solicit a ride, contribution, job or business from the occupant of a vehicle unless the purpose is to solicit money for a charity.

"That could include people who hail a taxi or a bus," Bono said. "The law is not allowed to cast its net so wide."

Jez launched a campaign against day workers in September 2009, the lawsuit alleges. Charging day laborers with criminal trespass, police drove them away from a small convenience store where they solicited work with the permission of the owner, according to the lawsuit.

Police posing as contractors arrested day laborers who subsequently stood on the roadside looking for work, the lawsuit said. Workers were fined as much as $1,000, Bono said.

Day laborers in League City filed a federal lawsuit Thursday, accusing police of harassment and discrimination aimed at preventing them from seeking employment.
    Who can I sue when I get harassed by 30-50 "day laborers" outside of a store? Who can I sue when police don't do their jobs? Who can I sue when I lose my job and am replaced by a cheap illegal alien?

Can I sue Maldef for aiding and abetting illegal aliens? Can I sue Maldef for discriminating against legal residents? Maybe we should file as many lawsuits as illegal aliens do...sue everybody, what the hay, right?

How is it unconstitional to enforce the laws? Illegal aliens are prohibited from employment in the US, how is enforcing that law "unconstitutional"?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Day laborers in League City filed a federal lawsuit Thursday, accusing police of harassment and discrimination aimed at preventing them from seeking employment.
    Loitering at the local shopping outlets is not what I call "seeking employment". They may do that in third world countries but not here in America. And there lies the problem, when these people are doing their damnest to do just that. Turning this nation into a third world nation. Send them all the hell back to Mexico ,since that is WHERE THE MAJORITY ARE COMING FROM!

Send MALDEF and LaRaza back with them since they want to represent these sorts of people. See if Mexico plays that game
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Who can I sue when I get harassed by 30-50 "day laborers" outside of a store? Who can I sue when police don't do their jobs? Who can I sue when I lose my job and am replaced by a cheap illegal alien?

Can I sue Maldef for aiding and abetting illegal aliens? Can I sue Maldef for discriminating against legal residents? Maybe we should file as many lawsuits as illegal aliens do...sue everybody, what the hay, right?

How is it unconstitional to enforce the laws? Illegal aliens are prohibited from employment in the US, how is enforcing that law "unconstitutional"?
    And who can we sue when these illegals KILL AMERCAN CITIZENS through various means?

DEPORT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou