Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX Law Enfocement Secure Border Due to Shooting in Matamoros

Valley Law Enfocement Secure Border Due to Shooting in Matamoros

Reported by: Lisa Cortez
    Last Update: 9:24 am

(2009) BROWNSVILLE - The violence in Matamoros closed a number of roads in Mexico and disrupted bus service and traffic Friday. it also shut down the Gateway International Bridge in Brownsville for several hours. The bridge is back open at this hour; however, very little traffic is heading across the border.

The bridge was closed from about 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday after Mexico shut down the crossing due to the eruption of violence in Matamoros. A Cameron County SWAT team was stationed in the southbound lanes of the bridge until about 10:30 p.m.

They were there as a precaution, on standby, in case they are needed.

On this side of the border, there were reports that residents could hear the gunfire and explosions and see several plumes of smoke. The nearby bus station was closed. All routes to and from Matamoros were expected to be closed until sometime Saturday.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Va ... 355fw.cspx
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Get the MARINES TO THAT BORDER NOW.

Then send the border patrol to the streets and cities and get these terrorists the hell out of my country.

If these were muslims what would OBUMMER dO?
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Matamoros Residents Use Social Media to Show Violence

Reported by: Will Ripley
    Last Update: 9:44 am
    CHANNEL 5 NEWS (KRGV, 2010)

MATAMOROS, MEXICO - Dramatic video is coming into the CHANNEL 5 newsroom showing the deadly shootouts in Matamoros.

As of late Friday, at least 12 videos were posted on YouTube of the violence across the border. Residents are using their camera phones to capture the chaos in the streets, and they're sounding off on Facebook and Twitter to express their fears and frustrations about the drug war next door.

In one video a young boy pushes a cart in the streets of Matamoros as a military convoy races by just down the street and a helicopter hovers overhead.

People in one neighborhood were literally caught in the crossfire. Another video shows several bullet holes in the side of a building. Gunfire and grenades terrifying those who live in Matamoros. They took to their Facebook and Twitter to sound off about the violence.

Lynda Bosques-Chapa wrote, "It really is scary...I have family in Matamoros and right now we just got word that all public transportation and cell phones are down....we can't get a hold of family to see if they are able to make it home safe."

Debi Cano wrote, "The violence in Mexico has affected my family in more ways than one. My children haven't seen their great-grandma in almost a year because I'm too afraid to cross to the other side. My husband is from Mexico, he won't even go over to visit family out of pure fear."

Karolina Medrano says, "To not be able to leave flowers on your grandparents' grave on the day of the dead because of the situation over there is wretched. To not be able to visit your family during holidays because even they advise you not to visit, is heart wrenching."

Mia Gomez Silva said, "Is it ever going to stop or are they going to take over Mexico completely? It's starting to spill over to the Valley and we just can't seem to end it."

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Ma ... Ydx3g.cspx
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Matamoros Residents Use Social Media to Show Violence

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

Reported by: Will Ripley
    Last Update: 9:44 am
    CHANNEL 5 NEWS (KRGV, 2010)

MATAMOROS, MEXICO - Dramatic video is coming into the CHANNEL 5 newsroom showing the deadly shootouts in Matamoros.

As of late Friday, at least 12 videos were posted on YouTube of the violence across the border. Residents are using their camera phones to capture the chaos in the streets, and they're sounding off on Facebook and Twitter to express their fears and frustrations about the drug war next door.

In one video a young boy pushes a cart in the streets of Matamoros as a military convoy races by just down the street and a helicopter hovers overhead.

People in one neighborhood were literally caught in the crossfire. Another video shows several bullet holes in the side of a building. Gunfire and grenades terrifying those who live in Matamoros. They took to their Facebook and Twitter to sound off about the violence.

Lynda Bosques-Chapa wrote, "It really is scary...I have family in Matamoros and right now we just got word that all public transportation and cell phones are down....we can't get a hold of family to see if they are able to make it home safe."

Debi Cano wrote, "The violence in Mexico has affected my family in more ways than one. My children haven't seen their great-grandma in almost a year because I'm too afraid to cross to the other side. My husband is from Mexico, he won't even go over to visit family out of pure fear."

Karolina Medrano says, "To not be able to leave flowers on your grandparents' grave on the day of the dead because of the situation over there is wretched. To not be able to visit your family during holidays because even they advise you not to visit, is heart wrenching."

Mia Gomez Silva said, "Is it ever going to stop or are they going to take over Mexico completely? It's starting to spill over to the Valley and we just can't seem to end it."

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Ma ... Ydx3g.cspx
    Instill more public fear and what do you get OBUMMER.............A bordering corrupt country at civil war.......Trying as hard as hell to bring it north!
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

In aftermath, UTB-TSC works to protect students
    Comments 15
    November 08, 2010 9:26 PM
    By JAZMINE ULLOA, The Brownsville Herald

UTB-TSC officials say they remain vigilant after a string of shootouts broke out in Matamoros last week, forcing the institution to cancel classes, postpone Homecoming activities and temporarily suspend the soccer games of the Red River Athletic Conference Tournament.

The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College Fort Brown campus sits at the edge of the Rio Grande, which narrowly separates the school from the war between the Gulf Cartel and its former armed wing, the Zetas.

Mexican military forces initiated an offense Friday against the Cartel. The violence that erupted in Matamoros over the weekend forced international bridges to temporarily close and left almost 100 people dead south of the border, including Ezequiel “Tony Tormentaâ€