Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Man survives 20 hours in canal after being shot, authori

Man survives 20 hours in canal after being shot, authorities say

DONNA, Texas -- Sheriff's deputies answering a call about an apparent dead man in an irrigation canal were surprised to find him clinging to life despite a gaping gunshot wound to the head.

An irrigation district employee spotted the man about 4:30 p.m. Monday, authorities said. The deputies found him delirious and holding on to the side of the canal embankment. All but the man's head, shoulders and arms were submerged. There was a pool of blood in the middle of a nearby road and a trail of blood to the canal.

As deputies approached, they saw the man move slightly and realized he was alive.

The man was airlifted to a Harlingen hospital, where he remained Tuesday still battling for his life, Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said.

The man told police he was an illegal immigrant who had crossed the Rio Grande, about two miles away, on Saturday. He is believed to be about 35. He said he had been in the canal about 20 hours.

"He said someone hurt him, and that he ended up in the canal," Trevino said.

Trevino said the hole in the man's head was several inches wide and likely caused by a shotgun blast. He said the pellets missed the man's carotid artery, which supplies blood to the head and neck, by 2 centimeters.

"So, he's extremely lucky," Trevino said. "I don't know how in the world that boy survived."

Trevino said the matter was being investigated. He said the area is known as one where drug dealers and other criminals dump bodies.

___

Information from: The Monitor, http://www.themonitor.com

http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=6287247

He said the pellets missed the man's carotid artery, which supplies blood to the head and neck, by 2 centimeters.

"So, he's extremely lucky,"
    And it looks like we (US Citizens) will be lucky too! Lucky to pay for his medical treatment with taxpayer dollars! Yippee!

There should be a law passed that holds the Government of the illegals' country of origin liable for all costs associated once their citizens cross illegally into our territory!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Well, ideally after the "lucky" fella is healed up, ICE will be waiting for him at the front door of the hospital. However, I doubt that is how it will happen.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Aren't these papers great. Walking along one day on the wrong side of the border, I got a huge hole in my head and I fell in the water.

I wonder if he got hit by a vehicle, since their was blood in the middle of the road.

I want him deported so he can go home and tell everyone how dangerous it is the cross the border. Farmers have no business dealing with cartels and smugglers.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)