Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Mother/3 Daughters Caught Smuggling $1.16M Worth Cocaine

The mother was driving a 2006 Mercedes...I would venture to say this wasn't her first smuggling trip - sounds like it's a family business! Isn't Brownsville part of Mexico now???

Mother and daughters caught smuggling drugs into U.S.

Fri Jun 20, 4:05 PM ET

MONTERREY, Mexico (Reuters) - A Mexican woman and her three American daughters have been caught smuggling $1.16 million worth of cocaine into Texas from Mexico, a rare case of a mother and her family trafficking drugs, U.S. customs said on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The four women stashed the cocaine under their clothes and inside their 2006 Mercedes Benz and tried to cross through the Brownsville, Texas entry port from eastern Mexico.

A sniffer dog alerted customs agents to the smell of cocaine emanating from the car and agents also noted unusual bulges under their clothes, finding cocaine packages on three of the four women.

"This is the first time in Texas we have faced a mother and her daughters smuggling drugs like this," a U.S. customs and border protection spokesman said.

The four women, who live in Brownsville, tried to escape back to Mexico but were quickly arrested.

As the Mexican military fights drug gangs in Mexico and the United States increases security along the border, traffickers are going to greater lengths to conceal small amounts of drugs, like in sealed beer cans or in car engine parts.

Unlike in the past, when smugglers were single men, drug cartels are also turning to people of all ages and walks of life, U.S. customs and border protection officials say.

(Reporting by Robin Emmott, Editing by Frances Kerry)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080620/ts_ ... YB6Oms0NUE

The four women stashed the cocaine under their clothes and inside their 2006 Mercedes Benz and tried to cross through the Brownsville, Texas entry port from eastern Mexico.
    Do you think we should could consider the death penality for anyone who is caught trying to smuggle drugs from mexico into the United States? Or atleast life in prison without the possibility of parole. These people are getting rich while destroying this country. It's so wrong on every level!

These scumbags will do 2-3 years and be out!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think life without parole would be a good start! This horrible woman had THREE anchor babies on our soil...and now she's teaching them how to be drug dealers!!! I think we ought to revoke the "American Citizenship" of the 3 daughters, too!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    I think life without parole would be a good start! This horrible woman had THREE anchor babies on our soil...and now she's teaching them how to be drug dealers!!! I think we ought to revoke the "American Citizenship" of the 3 daughters, too!
    YES!!! I was going to suggest the same thing AmericanMe. The three daughters have personally enriched themselves to the detriment of this country.

I always thought it ironic that an illegal could have a baby on US soil and convey something to their offspring which they do not have themselves - US citizenship. It's fundamentally flawed and plain wrong, especially when the family is a bunch of drug dealers!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)