Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

TX--OPINION-Border wall idea raises questions

Border wall idea raises questions
    Comments 0 | Recommend 0
    August 15, 2008 - 9:19PM
    Editor:

Whoever said, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time" was right on target. It has taken more than 100 years to come up with the idea that a wall would keep the Mexican people from crossing illegally to the USA. If you think about it some of our citizens believe that this wondrous project will really stop the river crossings.

How will the Border Patrol do its job and on which side of the wall will they perform their job? As we all know the wall will be built approximately 1,000-plus yards from the Rio Grande.

Also, will students at UTB-TSC need border-crossing cards to go back and forth to attend classes and will the credits be able to transfer?

Our leaders have given a lot of thought to please the citizens of Lower Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California to keep us safe. I don't know about you but my family and I have always felt protected and safe. The illegals who cross come to work and do the type of work no American wants to do and that is a shame.

There are those who think the poor people who come from Mexico are up to no good; have you ever thought about you and your relatives who came the same way? There are some bad ones who make it, but the good ones overshadow the bad ones. Come to think about it, how many of us can relate to having some bad blood in our own families who are worse at crime?

Let's share the wealth; you can't take it with you anyway.

We also have some extreme poverty here in our city, yet nobody cares. They are looked down at and treated with disrespect and annoyance as if they had the plague. How ignorant we really are. The power of two is better than one.

A story I love to tell is when I had just joined the Marines and going to San Antonio for induction into the military. Because I had no papers showing I was American, I was pulled from the bus to get questioned as to where I was from and how long I had been in country, The two officers noticed the big brown envelope I had, with big letters saying, "U.S. Government."

After the bus left I was asked, "Where are you from?" I answered, "San Benito." One said Mexico, I said, "No, a few miles south from Raymondville. You American?"

You have to put yourself in their place; no one should be treated the way they are.

Jose Benavides
    Brownsville

Via the Internet

Same old story , immigrants have always been allowed to illegaly
    come to America . At least this guy admits we are importing poverty .

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/articl ... l_bad.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ELE

Legal vs. illegal.

Legal vs. illegal.

Typical Legal Immigrants
    If a person and/or people like my family come from another country and filled out the necessary paper work and followed the laws of America and then took the test for citizenship in english....and did not expect and/or sign up for welfare and/or social services….THEY ARE LEGAL. My family worked hard and abided by the laws of this country. They did not expect Americans to speak their language and accommodate their culture. Also, my family like the many legal immigrants before them came here, with education, skills, in good health and substantially contributed to America. My family and other LEGAL immigrant families helped to make America great! Legal Immigrants wanted a better life and also helped America improve her overall quality of life.

Typical Illegals ( I am adressing this to Mexico and Latin American illegals as they are over 85% of the illegals involved in the invasion)
    Illegals on the other hand...break our laws from the on-set of entering our country without permission or invitation by our government. They sign up for welfare and benefits they don’t deserve. And they usually steal documents and take jobs away from Americans….while collecting benefits from the American tax payers. They also burden the American tax payer with the expense of covering health care and social services for illegals and their “Scam Anchor Babiesâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)