Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Perry touts success of 'Operation Border Star'

Dec. 3, 2007, 11:30PM
    Perry touts success of 'Operation Border Star'

San Antonio Express-News

In just two months, Texas' latest border crackdown has practically wiped out cross-border crime in Hidalgo County, Gov. Rick Perry said Monday in San Antonio.

Speaking on the opening day of the weeklong Texas Homeland Security Conference at the San Antonio Convention Center, Perry touted the success of "Operation Border Star," an effort backed by a $110 million infusion from a state law passed earlier this year.

The effort, involving an unannounced, massive "surge" of local, state and federal officers for weeks at a time in border areas known for heavy traffic in drug and human smuggling, is a continuation of similar, earlier crackdowns that were cut short due to lack of steady funding.

"Individuals from nations that harbor terrorists have sought to enter our country through our border with Mexico," Perry said. "Our message to the criminal element: We know who you are, we know what you're doing, we're watching you and we're going to catch you."

Perry cited the program's success in the Rio Grande Valley, noting that criminal activity in Hidalgo County has "shrunk to nearly nothing."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 49524.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Perry cited the program's success in the Rio Grande Valley, noting that criminal activity in Hidalgo County has "shrunk to nearly nothing."
    This is another open border politician that needs to be arrested. I would like to see the real statistics; not what he feels like he wants to show you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is another open border politician that needs to be arrested. I
    would like to see the real statistics; not what he feels like he wants to show you

I agree. This sounds like a "feels good" story intended to make us think
    they're actually doing something. From what I've heard from friends in
    that area, it's like a war zone in the valley and the tourist areas just
    across the border are practically ghost towns.

Wanna impress me Gubnah? Put up the wall!!

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.