Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX - SOB story. ILLEGAL Teacher wants to remain in the US

Another SOB story for an ILLEGAL who wants to remain in the United States and teach U.S. children her family values. Too many comments on the source article are Pro-ILLEGAL and NOT Pro United States Citizen. Just maybe there is a Legal United States Citizen that would need a job as a teacher now taken by the ILLEGAL!

Teacher spends life looking over her shoulder
    Haiti native has UH degree and family, but she still fears deportation
    By SUSAN CARROLL
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Nov. 28, 2009, 12:04AM

Karen Warren Chronicle
    Marie Baptiste, an HISD teacher, is facing deportation to Haiti after failing to win her immigration appeal. She is hoping for a reprieve from immigration officials.

On a Thursday morning in early November, Houston middle school teacher Marie Baptiste was driving to work when a squadron of unmarked, government vehicles stopped her at a red light. Her chest tightened.

A little more than three years had passed since she last was picked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents. She spent six months bouncing among immigration detention centers in Texas and Louisiana, fighting deportationto Haiti and worrying about being separated from her U.S.-citizen husband and children.

With her case on appeal, she and her husband, a Fort Bend County constable,had carefully built a life that resembled that of so many other middle-class Houston families. Their days were filled with full-time jobs, helping their eldest daughter with homework and changing their baby's diapers.

But beneath that veneer of normalcy, the couple worried about how to shield their children from their own nagging fears about Baptiste's possible deportation,stemming from a missed immigration court hearing years ago.

On the morning of Nov. 6, Baptiste never made it to work, or to an immigration detention center. The 30-year-old slumped to the ground alongside her car and was taken via ambulance to a west Houston hospital for symptoms related to an anxiety attack. After her release from the hospital, there were no waiting ICE agents.

It was a temporary reprieve, but the fear of being deported and separated from her family now looms heavier than before, she said.

“All I ever wanted is to have a peaceful life for my family,â€

ELE

Illegal is illegal.........get the H out of OUR country.

She's a teacher. I'm a police officer. We don't do anything wrong,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote:
    "With her case on appeal, she and her husband, a Fort Bend County constable,had carefully built a life that resembled that of so many other middle-class Houston families."

Thank you for your help on this, U.S. law enforcement officer!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: TX - SOB story. ILLEGAL Teacher wants to remain in the U

[quote="lccat"]

“She's a teacher. I'm a police officer. We don't do anything wrong,â€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Re: TX - SOB story. ILLEGAL Teacher wants to remain in the U

[quote="bigtex"][quote="lccat"]

“She's a teacher. I'm a police officer. We don't do anything wrong,â€

Fort Bend County was mentioned in the article but the article did not state the School District that employed the ILLEGAL or I missed it.

Marie Baptiste, an HISD teacher, is facing deportation to Haiti after failing to win her immigration appeal. She is hoping for a reprieve from immigration officials.
    When all else fails, including your immigration appeal, just run a SOB story in the local paper in an effort to drum up sympathy for your cause!

Typical, as generally, local papers seemingly have never met an illegal they didn't embrace and fall in love with....

You shouldn't have missed the court date.

The child has a father who could have cared for the sick child.

Without a doubt, I'm sure they told her over and over again don't be late and she was so the consequence was a removal order.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    Fort Bend County was mentioned in the article but the article did not state the School District that employed the ILLEGAL or I missed it.
    None other than Houston ISD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    You shouldn't have missed the court date.

The child has a father who could have cared for the sick child.

Without a doubt, I'm sure they told her over and over again don't be late and she was so the consequence was a removal order.

Dixie
    EXACTLY! Its made really clear that the USCIS offices that you are not to be late to any hearing they have. Show up late and they just toss your case. Showing up to an USCIS hearing is a pretty important event if you are here illegally. You might think the Police Officer father/dad might have taken the day off to care for the sick child.

Too many excuses out of this story.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    None other than Houston ISD.
    Thanks, I knew I most likely missed it. Did not the Dallas ISD furnish ssn's to ILLEGALS working as teachers last year while they fired 100's of Unite States Citizens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast