Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Mexican license is valid for up to a year after a person arrives in Texas, said Vinger, the DPS spokesman.
    This is another example of how Americans are held to a different standard. You have 30 days to get a new license, if you move between states. "Arrives in Texas" legally????

New residents moving into Texas, who have a valid driver license from their home state, have 30 days after entry into the state to secure a Texas driver license. To apply for a Texas driver license, applicants will be required to:
    Sorce: Texas Dept. of Public Safety.
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administra ... otexas.htm

Here's the deal. People have been running around getting the lawful resident drivers license, which thankfully now looks different from my drivers license. Also, I bet these visitors used the old visas with no expiration dates and they are about to loose their drivers licenses because they are now illegal aliens that overstayed their exit date. They have been working the system and the system is closing the loopholes.

The drivers license is a gateway document. Take it away they scream profiling. Any time you see an article with this many people throwing a fit to stop it, is a good change that will deter illegal immigration and make illegals in America more uncomfortable and seem more unwelcomed.

The day is coming that they will start deporting them, when they catch them driving.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Last week I applied for an auto loan. The moment loan officer say my drivers license he said he needs to talk to the manager and then told me that the loan term cannot be longer than 24 months. I have excellent credit (credit score >770) still I was not offered the best rate available. I finally decided to apply for auto loan online and I was offered the best rate.

What ever be the intent of the law makers, when it comes to impact of this system on a day to day life there is definitely a significant impact.

I think the correct thing to do would be to change the expiry date on the drivers license to the visa validity date rather than giving a distinct driver's license.

MW
    AngryTX wrote:

I didn't know that God was issueing licenses!! Does he issue fishing licenses? I'd like to feed the multitudes of a few i'm planning to catch over the holidays!!!
    Hmmm.......maybe you should try that on the game warden if he checks for your fishing license. If "God" does issue you a fishing license, you should be able to feed your multitudes with 2 small fish and five loaves of bread.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I laughed over jimpasz's entry until I cried.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    AngryTX wrote:

I didn't know that God was issueing licenses!! Does he issue fishing licenses? I'd like to feed the multitudes of a few i'm planning to catch over the holidays!!!
    Hmmm.......maybe you should try that on the game warden if he checks for your fishing license. If "God" does issue you a fishing license, you should be able to feed your multitudes with 2 small fish and five loaves of bread.
    LOL...could you imagine MW telling a game warden that your fishing or hunting license was issued by "God!" They would have you committed under a 72 hour psych observation. Yet illegal invaders spout such rheotoric on a regular basis and are taken seriously.

coerusa wrote:

"I think the correct thing to do would be to change the expiry date on the drivers license to the visa validity date rather than giving a distinct driver's license."

reply:

I believe your very rational idea has been tried by lawmakers at the federal level ( trying to require that all U.S. driver's licenses issued to legal residents expire the same date as their visas), but special interest groups always blocked their efforts. Perhaps now that the economy has so many people's attention, more may be interested in finding ways to make sure that immigrants leave the country on time.

Quote Originally Posted by cperusa
    Last week I applied for an auto loan. The moment loan officer say my drivers license he said he needs to talk to the manager and then told me that the loan term cannot be longer than 24 months. I have excellent credit (credit score >770) still I was not offered the best rate available. I finally decided to apply for auto loan online and I was offered the best rate.

What ever be the intent of the law makers, when it comes to impact of this system on a day to day life there is definitely a significant impact.

I think the correct thing to do would be to change the expiry date on the drivers license to the visa validity date rather than giving a distinct driver's license.
    The driver's license is turned sideways and only issued to people in the country legally. Illegal aliens are not given driver's licenses in Texas but they have been using them under the old loophole of no expiration dates on the visa. That has recently changed. The only reason they want licenses to look like mine, is so they can use them for other transactions and attempt to go undetected. Like at the polling place.

No, if they want to drive, they can do it with a license that is turned 90 degrees and looks like licenses issuded to underaged minors who are not old enough to buy alcohol. The kids aren't complaining about the licenses, so what's the problem? They are perfectly good and useable licenses.

Dixie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12