Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Valley Residents Say Border Patrol Agents Are Rounding U

Huh?
    ~~~

Valley Residents Say Border Patrol Agents Are Rounding Up Illegals
    Reported by: Farrah Fazal
    Last Update: 11:33 pm

CHANNEL 5 NEWS (KRGV, 2010)
    MCALLEN - Community organizers say border patrol agents are terrorizing illegals in the colonias.

One Valley lawyer says knowing your rights could help protect you.

"According to the Border Patrol these areas that are populated by people who are undocumented, so they feel their enforcement is justified," says Celestino Gallegos.

Gallegos is a lawyer for texas Rural Legal Aid.

He says if people understood their rights they wouldn't fear law enforcement.

This is why Gallegos plans to have a work-shop on civil rights.

It will be Friday at 6:30 at the La Union Del Pueblo Entero Building in San Juan.

www.krgv.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Colonias huh ?? Last time I checked McAllen Texas was still in the USA..Of course that may now be debatable.

I guess Gallegos needs to read the job
    description of a Border Patrol Agent.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Well they claim Raza doesn't mean race so perhaps colonias doesn't mean colonies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It does not mean colony in the sense that you are implying RatBastard.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    It does not mean colony in the sense that you are implying RatBastard.
    Well I only speak English so that's what it looks like to me. Yeah, I'm guessing they'll say it means neighborhood.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: TX: Valley Residents Say Border Patrol Agents Are Roundi

[quote="jean"]Huh?

Now what "rights" is he talking about? The right to come here in violation of our laws, the right to squat illegally in our country, the right to foodstamps, WIC, free medical and schooling through and including grad school no doubt, rights to not pay taxes, rights to steal another SSN. Am I warm yet?

Border Patrol Agents Say They Are Not Harassing Anyone
    Reported by: Farrah Fazal
    Last Update: 8/04 10:51 pm

(2009) MCALLEN - Border Patrol agents are responding to allegations they are harassing illegals in colonias across the Valley.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS reported on Tuesday the fear undocumented people say they are living through in their own homes. They said agents are knocking on their doors, setting up checkpoints in their neighborhoods, rounding them up and sending them back

"We're not out here to harass or make anybody feel uncomfortable," said Border Patrol Supervisory Agent Rosalinda Huey.

She said there may be reasons why agents could be in neighborhoods with high illegal populations.

"We wouldn't go door to door, there's no credibility to that response. If we have information on that house, we would have done surveillance on that house, we would be sure there's illegal aliens in that home. We dont arbitrarily go to neighborhoods asking people if there are illegal aliens in the home," said Huey.

Huey said sometimes illegals call the Border Patrol.

"We've had cases where illegal immigrants have escaped from these stash houses and contact us to let us know that they are being held against their will," said Huey.

Huey said agents have job to do.

"Its an illegal act to come into this country illegally and that is a law we enforce. We have to do our job," she said.

The job is a lot tougher these days. The river is now in neighborhoods like Chimney Park in Mission. The river runs on the edge of that area. Agents have to follow the water away from those areas as they move their operations to higher ground.

"Now our agents instead of patrollng down here, use other roads in order to apprehend whatever is coming across (the river)," said Huey.

Huey said early Wednesday morning, agents patrolling near the floodway found drugs on a raft.

"Before they would cross through the river, now we are seeing them cross through the floodways which is something that hasnt been seen in this area before," said Huey.

She said the mission is still to enforce the law near the river, in the neighborhoods, and wherever else immigration violations happen.

www.krgv.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: TX: Valley Residents Say Border Patrol Agents Are Roundi

Quote Originally Posted by keekee
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Huh?

Now what "rights" is he talking about? The right to come here in violation of our laws, the right to squat illegally in our country, the right to foodstamps, WIC, free medical and schooling through and including grad school no doubt, rights to not pay taxes, rights to steal another SSN. Am I warm yet?
    The "rights" that the supreme court liberal progressives distorting and misinterpreting the 14th ammendment have given all illegal aliens.

Colonias

"United States Federal Code defines a colonia as a community that (1) is in the state of Arizona, California, New Mexico, or Texas; (2) is within 150 miles (240 km) of the U.S.-Mexico border, except for any metropolitan area exceeding one million people; (3) on the basis of objective criteria, lacks adequate sewage systems and lacks decent, safe, and sanitary housing; and (4) existed as a colonia before November 28, 1990.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia_(United_States)

Read full article at link above.

In other words, these are "shanty towns" built by people themselves outside of any civic code requirements. You see these tragic examples of extreme poverty all over South America (although there usually in urban areas), and now they are allowing them to be established in the United States.

Thanks T2 I found that very interesting. (used the link and read the whole thing.) Especially the fact the terms relative definition here in the USA is only about 30 years old. I still would hold that these poor Mexican SQUATTERS building these shanty towns ON AMERICAN SOIL are colonizing US territory according to the AMERICAN definition of colony.

So in my mind this new definition is LIPSTICK ON A PIG.

If I took my camping gear to Central Park with the intent of staying for a week of two I'd be thrown out before I could set up my tent.

Just saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast