Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tyson to shut plants during immigration rallies

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12531092/from/RL.5/
    Tyson to shut plants during immigration rallies
    Meat producer to close nine facilities on May 1

Updated: 11:09 a.m. ET April 28, 2006
    SPRINGDALE, Ark. - Tyson Foods Inc., the world’s largest meat producer, says it will temporarily shut down nine of its beef and pork plants Monday because many of the workers plan to attend immigration rallies.

“While we understand the sentiment behind the May 1 events and support comprehensive immigration reform, we are not encouraging workers to participate in the rallies,” Tyson spokesman Gary Mickelson said.

National immigrant organizations have been calling on people to skip work and avoid shopping Monday to demonstrate the economic power of immigrants. Rallies calling for less restrictive immigration laws are also being planned around the country that day.

Over the past two months, immigrant advocates have staged rallies and marches in several cities, some drawing tens of thousands of demonstrators, as Congress considers immigration reforms. Congress has been divided over whether to crack down on illegal immigrants or embrace them as vital contributors to the U.S. economy.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gary Mickelson, tell the truth, your plant has hired so many illegal ailiens that you have no choice but to close for the day!

o! fellow boycotters...let's hope our boycott can bring them to their knees...

MJ

Contact TYSON
    http://www.tyson.com/Corporate/Contact.aspx

This email will get to Gary Mickelson

I selected
    News, information, and public affairs
    I Will Not Buy ANY of their Products.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I was telling a friend of mine about the 'May Day Boycott' and told her Tyson was closing it's plant -- she said she wasn't going to buy Tyson chicken any more. I then told her about the chicken boycott. I told her about the protests before and told her she needed to start taking notice of what was going on. I told her it looked like I was going to have to go over to her house and put the tv on Lou Dobbs, but I imagine after Monday, she'll take notice
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie,
    Keep spreading the Word.

I am encouraging retailers to Have a Celebrate America Day on May 1st.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

my aunt said again today she wanted another washer and dryer, I need to check some out at Sears over the week end and then go back Monday and get it for her, I wish they'd have a sale
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I for one, will never purchase another Tyson product again

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perdue chicken is also closing their plants, as well as Gallo wines.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast