If this is true it will be used over and over again as an example of "U.S. citizens being swept up and deported together with illegal aliens"....

U.S. citizen may have been deported
Published: June 24, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Share HOUSTON, June 24 (UPI) -- A 19-year-old man says he was deported to Mexico even after he showed Border Patrol agents a birth certificate and Texas identity card.

Luis Alberto Delgado told the Houston Chronicle he was questioned for 8 hours. He eventually agreed to sign papers allowing his deportation.

Delgado was born in Houston but grew up in Reynosa, Mexico. He returned to the United States three years ago.

The Border Patrol decided he must be illegal because of his poor English, he said.

"What they did to me was discrimination," Delgado told the Chronicle in a telephone interview. "I don't understand why they did this. I am an American citizen."

He was detained last week while driving with his brother. The brother was jailed on a charge of driving without a license and Delgado was handed over to the Border Patrol.

When he tried to re-enter the country, he was warned he could be imprisoned for 20 years for coming back.

A lawyer representing Delgado described him as "just a teenager" who did not realize what he was doing when he signed the deportation papers.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/06/ ... 1277427843