Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. 'downright mean,' finds Michelle Obama

U.S. 'downright mean,' finds Michelle Obama
    America 'guided by fear,' getting worse all the time,' she says in campaign speech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 05, 2008
    10:39 am Eastern
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

Michelle Obama

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama's wife, Michelle, who raised controversy by saying she was proud of her country for the first time in her adult life, has had some even harsher things to say about America on the campaign trail.

In a New Yorker profile, she is quoted in a stump speech made throughout South Carolina as characterizing America as "just downright mean."

She said the country is divided, life is not good, the people are "guided by fear" and cynicism.

"We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day," she told churchgoers in that primary state. "Folks are just jammed up, and it's gotten worse over my lifetime."

She went on to complain that college is too expensive, schools are not doing the job, health care is out of reach and pensions are disappearing.

"Let me tell you, don't get sick in America!" she exclaimed.

Michelle Obama set off a national firestorm with comments she made recently at a Milwaukee rally: "What we have learned over the past year is that hope is making a comeback. And let me tell you something – for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment."
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58072
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,"
    Duh - people like her husband are responsible for giving this country away job by job and social benefit (to aliens) by benefit.

I'm already sick of this woman. God save America if these two are elected.

Oh and what does "jammed up" mean? Perhaps some complex Ivy League Economic Theory that is above me?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh I can just see her as first lady LOL.

She went on to complain that college is too expensive, schools are not doing the job, health care is out of reach and pensions are disappearing.
    Yep, it's true. College is too expensive because people like her husband insist we subsidize college for illegal aliens. Schools are being dumbed down by the sheer numbers of children of illegal aliens. Health care? Free care for non-paying illegal aliens. Pensions? Greedy employers hiring illegal aliens, depressing wages for Americans.

Not that the Obama's are suffering, they are clueless to what AMERICAN CITIZENS want.
    "

I remember when Bill Clinton was in office. I found Hillary to be really annoying. Michelle Obama is even worse. Grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.

"Jammed up"? Can you even imagine listening to four years of that kind of talk coming from the President's wife? Urgh.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

I agree with her. Yes, she is Ivy educated, but she is down to earth and genuinely gives a damn about this country. We have record numbers of young people voting and getting involved because of Obama, and it's not because he's a rich guy, it's because he appears to be genuine and has the integrity that is lacking in many politicians.

She said the country is divided, life is not good, the people are "guided by fear" and cynicism.

"We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day," she told churchgoers in that primary state. "Folks are just jammed up, and it's gotten worse over my lifetime."
    She is right. And the biggest problems are runaway immigration (illegal & legal), crooked politicians, big business, outsourcing, and corrupt countries constantly looking to be bailed out of their own home-grown problems.

I've watched the problems too, Michelle. Americans are getting angrier everyday. Its about time America looks after America. Only then, will our country's future start looking brighter.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    I agree with her. Yes, she is Ivy educated, but she is down to earth and genuinely gives a damn about this country. We have record numbers of young people voting and getting involved because of Obama, and it's not because he's a rich guy, it's because he appears to be genuine and has the integrity that is lacking in many politicians.

That's fine. But the fact is how can she complain about health care and college being too expensive and about education yet her husband is a supporter of amnesty for millins of IA who cost the US taxpayers billions every single year. His support of IA is contributing to the problem and if he becomes president he will do everything he can to get amnesty passed and if that happens what does Mrs. Obama think is going to happen? It is going to get worse plain and simple. When you have cities complaining about the cost and burden of IA and you have American citizens complaining and a majority of citizens want it taken care of as in NO AMNESTY, you'd think they would realize gee maybe this is a problem that needs fixing and IA aren't as great as the media and big business portrays them.

No, it's not because he really cares. It's because he knows how to push buttons (such as yours) with talk that doesn't say a thing. He has no concept of how to fix the problems we are facing. He has integrity?????? Look at his record. Look at the people he associates with, look at his minister who is also his mentor. Integrity? PU-LEEZE.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282

That's fine. But the fact is how can she complain about health care and college being too expensive and about education yet her husband is a supporter of amnesty for millins of IA who cost the US taxpayers billions every single year. His support of IA is contributing to the problem and if he becomes president he will do everything he can to get amnesty passed and if that happens what does Mrs. Obama think is going to happen? It is going to get worse plain and simple. When you have cities complaining about the cost and burden of IA and you have American citizens complaining and a majority of citizens want it taken care of as in NO AMNESTY, you'd think they would realize gee maybe this is a problem that needs fixing and IA aren't as great as the media and big business portrays them.
    Yes, you don't have to be only a REPUBLICAN to understand that when you take the oath of a U.S. Office, you take an oath to obey the laws as they stand. To my last knowledge, there hasn't been ANY CHANGES IN IMMIGRATION LAWS FOR SOME TIME NOW and therefore the Democrat contenders are in violation. Yes, granted there is a minority of this on this non-compliance attitude (McCain at the helm) and there are a minority of Dems who understand this. Remember when Elian Gonzales was returned to his dad? Even the Clinton administration knew they had to follow the law at that time~~~

Why can't they understand this ALL of the TIME!!!
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast