Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S to fly 30,000 migrants home

U.S to fly 30,000 migrants home
    Web Posted: 06/10/2005 12:00 AM CDT

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/mexico ... 9da30.html

Hernán Rozemberg
    Express-News Immigration Writer

The U.S. government will spend more than $14 million this summer to fly home more than 30,000 undocumented immigrants caught near the Arizona-Mexico border.

The first plane in the Internal Repatriation Program, a joint U.S.-Mexico venture, will leave this morning from Tucson, bound for Mexico City.

It's the second year that U.S. Customs and Border Protection will run the program, meant to curb the increasing migrant deaths in the Arizona desert, as well as put a significant dent in people-smuggling rings.

Though it's still limited to Arizona, the flights may expand to the rest of the U.S.-Mexico border if judged a success.

Last year, the program ran a tab of $15.4 million to fly home 14,067 migrants who volunteered to take part in the summer-long project. Just as many crossers turned down the offer, though, which disappointed government officials.

This year, officials said, they hope to get the word out more and try to convince "at-risk" crossers â€â€
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

The U.S. government incurs all costs in transporting migrants home.
    Foxie should get the bill.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Oh this is SO absurd! Instead of the foot rocket illegals deserve, the U.S. is providing free flights?

I wonder how many of the smugglers themselves will take advantage of this time saving convienience. Walk or drive a group of illegals over the border, turn yourself in, and lickity split.....back to point A for the next run.

They should send them home on busses. But the immgrants should be the one paying the bill or send the Bill To Fox.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    Oh this is SO absurd! Instead of the foot rocket illegals deserve, the U.S. is providing free flights?

I wonder how many of the smugglers themselves will take advantage of this time saving convienience. Walk or drive a group of illegals over the border, turn yourself in, and lickity split.....back to point A for the next run.
    I know! It's like a 'vacation getaway package'!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Send them back in cattle cars.!! Aren't the planes being provided by the Mexicans?

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

planes

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Send them back in cattle cars.!! Aren't the planes being provided by the Mexicans?

RR
    Oh. Maybe they are providing the planes, but we are footing the bill. Looking at the article, its a joint US-Mexican venture.
    Sometimes, all it takes is one dumb headline, to get people's anger up. They do this on purpose.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I forget where I read it...but it seems that what I gleaned from the article was that Mexico was going to make money by getting their own people home. Typical government nonsense...since we're so RICH...ha..

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones