Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here's another article on the same subject http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21922493/

The article contains statements by those waiting for their paperwork to be processed, the figures for how many individuals have applied this year etc. The article is a bit long or I'd copy it here.

Below is a small part of the article:

"Eliseo Medina, executive vice president of the 1.9 million-member Service Employees International Union, said immigrants who want to assimilate into U.S. culture and politics are being let down. "I think the overwhelming response of immigrants is we do want to be part of this country, but we also want our voices heard," he said. "Unfortunately, due to the incompetence of the federal agency, they may not be able to register their opinions."

Sandra Flores, 26, of Houston said she applied for citizenship July 30 but has not heard back from USCIS. "I'm worried. I feel frustrated," said Flores, a part-time student at San Jacinto College who immigrated with her family from Monterrey, Mexico, in 1995, and who said citizenship would give her a vote, a greater sense of security and a better chance to attend a university.

Mildred Molina de Andujar, 42, of Dorchester, Mass., said she applied July 26. USCIS told her only last week that it received her application.

"The most important thing for me is the right to vote," said Andujar, a janitor in Boston's John Hancock building, who immigrated from the Dominican Republic in 1993 and has a 17-year-old daughter with a green card and a 10-year-old son who is a U.S. citizen by birth."
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>

MW
    WhatMattersMost wrote:

3. Empty our jails of ALL illegal aliens and deport them to their respective homelands
    I support everything on your list but this. I cannot, in good conscience, support giving amnesty to child molesters, rapist, murderers, etc. Technically, sending them back home would not be punishment for their crimes. However, I would support it if our government could arrange for them to complete their sentence in their own country.

I agree that we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to support the illegals in our prisons, but unfortunately I don't see that we have much of a choice. The rule of law demands retribution.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12