Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote] The Ruizes embody the difficulties of a family divided by citizenship. Mr. Ruiz, 32, was born and raised in a small village outside Guatemala City. He came to the United States illegally in 1996 because, he said, “we were in a very poor situation in my country.â€

Why hasn't ICE rounded up the parents for deportation? Oh, that's right, they aren't considered 'criminal aliens.'

I'm sure ICE could get the address from the grandfathers visa paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Why hasn't ICE rounded up the parents for deportation? Oh, that's right, they aren't considered 'criminal aliens.'

I'm sure ICE could get the address from the grandfathers visa paperwork.
    we need a new law to allow ICE to use their common sense ..

Banned
    Lawyer: Deported US girl, 4, returning to New York
    March 28, 2011

(AP) GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — A 4-year-old U.S. citizen who was deported to Guatemala will return to be reunited with her family in New York this week, a family attorney said Monday.

The family says Emily Samantha Ruiz was deported after her grandfather was detained when their flight was diverted to Washington on March 11 following a visit to Guatemala. Emily's a U.S. citizen; her parents are illegal immigrants living in Brentwood, New York.

The family's lawyer, David Sperling said Emily's grandfather had a work visa but was detained when officials noticed he had entered illegally in the 1990s. Authorities told the family Emily could be held at a juvenile center in Virginia or return to Guatemala. The two went back to the Central American country.

Sperling, who went to Guatemala to pick the girl up, said they will fly home Tuesday and have been assured she will have no problem entering the United States. Her parents risked being detained if they went to go get her in Guatemala.

"We have received information that there will be no problem, and we'll keep our fingers crossed that that will be the case," Sperling said. "We will arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) in New York and we hope she will be reunited with her parents and that they will have a happy ending to this story."

Sperling said the girl had traveled to Guatemala five months ago to be treated for asthma.

In a statement released by the attorney, her grandfather said, "I'm filled with happiness that my granddaughter can return to her parents. I trust that this trip will be better than the one we took a few weeks ago."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/ ... 8142.shtml

"We have received information that there will be no problem, and we'll keep our fingers crossed that that will be the case," Sperling said. "We will arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) in New York and we hope she will be reunited with her parents and that they will have a happy ending to this story."
    They have received info that there won't be a problem? The gov't. lies to US all the time, maybe if we are lucky We the People will get our happy ending the deportation of the entire family. Now I know the little girl is a legal(?) citizen, but since Mommy and Daddy are not we shouldn't separate the family. It plainly states the little girl went back to Guatemala for treatment, so obviously she IS NOT unfamiliar with that Country!

working4change

Sperling, who went to Guatemala to pick the girl up, said they will fly home Tuesday and have been assured she will have no problem entering the United States. Her parents risked being detained if they went to go get her in Guatemala.
    The lawyer is flying to Guatemala to pick up the girl?????? Who in the world is paying this lawyers fees?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12