Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Senator Saxby CHAMBLISS SAYS IMMIGRATION DEAL POSITIVE

CHAMBLISS SAYS IMMIGRATION DEAL POSITIVE STEP BUT FINAL BILL MUST CONTAIN KEY PROVISIONS

May 17, 2007

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., made the following statement regarding the bipartisan immigration deal announced today. Both Chambliss and his Georgia colleague, U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., have been part of a group of senators meeting regularly to negotiate the agreement along with U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff and U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez.

“The bipartisan immigration deal announced today is a step in the right direction toward reaching a final, comprehensive immigration bill. However, certain criteria must be met in order for this legislation to receive my final support. My top priority in this debate is border security, because if we do not secure the border then we will fail to address a serious national security issue and we will fail to prevent future illegal immigration. The bill must not include a new pathway to citizenship for people who have come here illegally; rather, those who have come here illegally must go home and get in the back of the line if they want to apply for a green card.

“Finally, any temporary worker program must be just that – temporary - and American workers and American wages must not be harmed by a temporary worker program. Employers must be provided with a fool-proof verification system to ensure that prospective employees are legal, and once a system is created, employers who refuse to verify the status of their employees or who knowingly hire illegal workers should be severely punished.

“The agreement reached today is an improvement from last year’s bill. The way you make good laws is to have people from both sides of the aisle come together, and this was a highly committed group that came together to work on these issues that aren’t in the best interest of any particular political party, but rather in the best interest of the American people.â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Scoop is this creep is back-peddling some because of the stiff spanking he is getting from local and state officials in Georgia. According to my source in Georgia several local leaders and state politicians are renouncing his leadership on the issue and issuing public statements that they will not support his sellout position. I particularily love the part where he says,
    My top priority in this debate is border security, because if we do not secure the border then we will fail to address a serious national security issue
    So where is the fence you guys were building for months and months now, and why are there not any additional measures already in place from the last bill passed you liar?

“The agreement reached today is an improvement from last year’s bill.
    He was going pretty good until he said the above.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Chambliss and Isakson seem to be playing games.

Games aren't going to cut the cake on election day, Boys.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the seat.

"You're either with us or you're against us."

Your choice.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: U.S. Senator Saxby CHAMBLISS SAYS IMMIGRATION DEAL POSIT

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    “Finally, any temporary worker program must be just that – temporary
    This is a step in the right direction but until they stop the unconstitutional granting of citizenship to non-residents, there is no such thing as a temporary worker program. This would also make it easier to deport the illegals here with anchor babies.

I think this is something we need to hammer away at with the Senators who say they oppose amnesty but support temporary workers. They also need to stop the anchor baby scam otherwise what they support will never work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)