Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Warns Schools Against Checking Immigration Status

U.S. Warns Schools Against Checking Immigration Status

May 6, 2011

By KIRK SEMPLE

Federal officials issued a memorandum to the nation’s school districts on Friday saying it was against the law for education officials to seek information that might reveal the immigration status of children applying for enrollment.

Civil liberties advocates and others have complained in recent months that many school districts are seeking children’s immigration papers as a prerequisite for enrollment. Some state and local officials have also considered bills to require prospective students to reveal their citizenship or immigration status.

“We have become aware of student enrollment practices that may chill or discourage the participation, or lead to the exclusion, of students based on their or their parents’ or guardians’ actual or perceived citizenship or immigration status,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am ready to pick a fight.

A friendly fight.

Does this policy or verbal dictate coming from the the idiots on the Potomac sound constitutional?

Do the taxpayers of a school district have a right to know if those using the tax supported school system are here legally?

What candidate would help to put this issue to rest?

Who would abolish the Fed. Dept. Education and leave this issue to the states? At the very least bring up the subject and start the debate?

Would that be Herman Cain?

Or would that person be the one that so many would like to view as soft concerning illegal migration?

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I am ready to pick a fight.

A friendly fight.

Does this policy or verbal dictate coming from the the idiots on the Potomac sound constitutional?

Do the taxpayers of a school district have a right to know if those using the tax supported school system are here legally?

What candidate would help to put this issue to rest?

Who would abolish the Fed. Dept. Education and leave this issue to the states? At the very least bring up the subject and start the debate?

Would that be Herman Cain?

Or would that person be the one that so many would like to view as soft concerning illegal migration?

Not Herman Cain!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A friendly fight.
    Allright, hows about a friendly debate?

For those that are so tough on Ron Paul, a candidate that is against the feds controlling education, leaving this area to the states and the citizens of those states, would this help to ease pressure by allowing the citizens to ask who is using their taxes for educational purposes in their respective districts?

Would this not end run the issue concerning some of the concerns that some bring up about Ron Paul's "soft" stance, as percieved by some towards the illegal immigration debate?

Does Numbers take into account Ron Paul's stance concerning constitutional issues and how they could help to end run, or give back to proper jurisdiction concerning this debate. ie, If the feds were not involved this issue the states and local districts may have more control at the local level. Ron Paul's personal feelings or opinions are not what motivates his political decisions, it is the adherence to the Constitution! Yet, I am sure he does have opinions of his own, like many others, BUT, he leaves those to the side when the Constitution is brought into play! CUT and DRY!

How many districts would be willing to pay for those illegals who are not supossed to be here in the first place should the local tax payers have more skin in the game?

At the local level would those in your community be willing to pay for ESL if not dictated by the feds?

Is there something wrong with controlling your tax dollar in an area that was originally the reserved rights of those in the states?

There is more than one way to skin a cat!

Is it Ron Paul or the Constitution that scares people?

As a Mom and a Grandma I should have the right to know who is illegal and is sitting next to my kids in class..Just as I should have the right if a teacher did something illegal that would affect my kids.
    .I don't know if that kid sitting next to my kid commited any crimes in mexico be it the kid is old enough to commit a crime but I want to know who is sharing the space with my family..That is my right as a mother and grandmother to know and I want to know...Im about ready to pull my grandaughter out of high school and home school her (eeks) Im tired of seeing spanish all over the schools ..

If they are in high school they hould know how read and write english ,Im tired of paying for all the flyers and extras that the bring ..SO Don't ya think we as Parents have the right to KNOW who is sitting next to our kids if they are legal and playing by the rules and paying their way...YES....If they are so scared of being here then go home why are you here if not to take and take and shout it out to everyone...Scared my butt!!

Related:
    Feds: All kids entitled to public education, regardless of origin, immigration status

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-237277-0.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ExCaliGal wrote,
    As a Mom and a Grandma I should have the right to know who is illegal and is sitting next to my kids in class..Just as I should have the right if a teacher did something illegal that would affect my kids.
    Some would say you do not have that right, and that you should trust in the state to decide what is best for your kids, and grandkids. The all seeing, all knowing Leviathan knows what is best! Now pay up, and shut up!

Trust in your big federal government as they know what is best. After all, at the state level they are all impertinent boobs and idiots, and when you get down to the local level, look out, there is nothing but ignorant, superstitious morons running around. Have you ever seen all of the morons running around that can not take care of themselves or form an opinion without the aide of Leviathan at the local level in the small towns around the country,....eeks is right!

If schools checked immigration status, over 50% of all students wouldn't show up for class in certain areas and regions. In some schools it would be more like 80%
    Nothing like tax payer money to educate illegals and children of illegal born here. How Stupid.