Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Senior Member JohnDoe2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    PARADISE (San Diego)

    Unaccompanied Children Seeking Asylum

    USCIS Press Release

    USCIS Initiates Procedures for Unaccompanied Children Seeking Asylum

    New Law Allows Children in Removal Proceedings to Begin Asylum Process in a Non-Adversarial Setting

    WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced it is now responsible for initial adjudication of applications for asylum from *Unaccompanied Alien Children. Some of these children previously would have been required to file for asylum in immigration court with the Executive Office for Immigration Review in the Department of Justice.

    The new procedures were created to carry out the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 (TVPRA). Under one of the provisions of the TVPRA, these unaccompanied children, who have been issued a Notice to Appear in immigration court, will now file their initial application for asylum with USCIS. The TVPRA also provides an opportunity for unaccompanied children, who did not previously file for asylum with USCIS and, who either have a pending claim in immigration court, on appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals, or in federal court, to have their asylum claim heard and adjudicated by a USCIS asylum officer in a non-adversarial setting.

    Further details on the asylum-related provisions of the TVPRA to protect unaccompanied children are in the accompanying USCIS Questions and Answers document. For more information about USCIS’ Asylum Division, please visit the Asylum section of our website from the Related Links section of this page.

    * An Unaccompanied Alien Child (UAC) is a legal term referring to a child who: has no lawful immigration status in the United States; has not attained 18 years of age; and has no parent or legal guardian in the United States, or for whom no parent or legal guardian in the United States is available to provide care and physical custody.

    Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

    Sign in and post comments here.

    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here

  2. #2
    Senior Member SOSADFORUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    This is such about you have their counsulate take charge of them, they can find their family and send them these people ever do anything that makes any sense?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Texas - Occupied State - The Front Line
    This is just another anchor. Send them over, get them legal and wait until they are 18 to file the family visas for long lost mama and papa and the rest of the extended family....

    Anchor Asylums

    These kids are coming from Mexico and Mexico will repatriate them. Send them back. They are not old enough to represent themselves and their guardian, their parents, relative or the country of Mexico needs to take them back.

    It takes really terrible parents to send their kid over here alone to become an anchor.

    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts