Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UNC will keep admitting illegal immigrants

UNC will keep admitting illegal immigrants
    FRANCO ORDOÑEZ

The University of North Carolina will continue to admit illegal immigrants at its 16 campuses until the Attorney General receives further clarification of federal statutes relating to the admission of undocumented students.
    Erskine Bowles, UNC president, responded this afternoon to today's decision by the state community college system to no longer admit illegal immigrants to degree programs, based on an advisory letter from Attorney General's office.

"This advisory letter (not a formal Attorney General's opinion) was based on one lawyer's in the Attorney General's Office interpretation of federal statutes, the enforcement and administration of which rests with the Secretary of Homeland Security," Bowles wrote in a letter to the UNC Board of Governors.

Gov. Mike Easley also questioned the state community college system.

"It is odd the Community Colleges would ask for clarification on the law and then change the policy before they get the clarification," he said in a statement.

Last November, the North Carolina Community College System issued a directive that all 58 community colleges admit undocumented immigrants under the system's "open door" policy. Subsequently, the community college system asked the Attorney General to clarify the legality of this position.

On May 6, the Attorney General's Office advised that restricting the admission of illegal immigrants "would more likely withstand judicial scrutiny."

"We asked the Attorney General's Office for clarification of our present policy and will abide by their advice," said System President R. Scott Ralls. "We will continue to be a primary source of economic advancement for the state by providing world-class education and workforce training to every student eligible to enroll."

Community College System officials say only 112 of 297,000 degree-seeking students were illegal immigrants.
    http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/622305.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since illegal aliens are unlawfully present here and cannot lawfully operate and hold jobs, why should NC taxpayers subsidize their post-secondary education? Over 80% of the populace is against subsidizing their education at all but our hands were tied by a miscreant activist Supreme Court decision years ago.

For any of you that may think that denying illegal aliens is some sort of civil rights violation, think again. Civil rights pertain ONLY to citizens. The Merriam-Webster online Dictionary defines civil-rights as: ?The nonpolitical rights of a citizen; especially: the rights of personal liberty guaranteed to U.S. citizens by the 13th and 14th amendments to the Constitution and by acts of Congress.?

If one is not a citizen of the country, civil rights do not apply. Period. End of story.

It's refreshing to see common sense and the rule of law return to NC state government for a change. Now the People's Republic of Chapel Hill and Grand Master Erskine Bowles need to come to reality, as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey guess what UNC your policies don't mean crap aginst the law and Activists!! The feds are not bailing them out. Colleges like this just show that they are about their bottom line and not about educating people!
    OUTRAGE!!!!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Care to send Erskine Bowles and e-mail or place a phone call to him?

Contact information:

http://www.northcarolina.edu/content.ph ... _UNCOP.php

Community College System officials say only 112 of 297,000 degree-seeking students were illegal immigrants.
    Riiiiiiiiight...and there are only 12 million 'undocumented workers' in America and hardly any in North Carolina.

With free primary and secondary public education to illegals and furthered by welcoming them into our colleges, the message that will resonate across Latin America will simply be:

Get your kids across the Rio Grande, get them into free public school and within a few years they will be on their way to citizenship, college, employment and a Social Security account, gratis of the American citizen and taxpayer.

Isn't Erskine Bowles a Clinton crony?

My email to Mr. Bowles:

Dear Mr. Bowles:

I’m extremely disappointed to hear of your decision to continue to allow ILLEGAL alien students to attend UNC. Not only should these students not be allowed to attend American colleges; they should be promptly deported. You are trying to stand against a growing tidal wave Mr. Bowles. The American people have made it clear that they are tired of people who have broken our laws by illegally entering our country accessing our social programs. These programs were intended to assist AMERICANS and those LEGALLY here. While American students have trouble affording tuition and even getting admitted to our Universities you feel free to give these slots and aid in tuition assistance for people who have no business being here in the first place?

I will further comment on an incident I am aware of at the Chapel Hill campus. I had a friend who worked in HR at that campus. There was a case of a job applicant in which he noticed irregularities in her immigration documentation. He told me they were clearly fraudulent; bad forgeries at best. He brought them to the attention of his supervisor. Do you care to know what happened? His supervisor directed him to disregard these irregularities and hire this applicant. Needless to say he was very upset about this. Perhaps ICE needs to examine the hiring practices at UNC and all of our Colleges and Universities. I’m sure they will get there eventually.

I would hope that you will take the initiative yourself to review the hiring and admission practices at UNC. I suggest you review any cases of employees in which you’ve gotten no-match letters or that their documentation is in any way questionable. You want good PR Mr. Bowles? Have UNC take the initiative to follow the immigration laws. And let it be known that you are doing so. Personally I’d rather be ahead of the wave rather than caught in it. City by city and state by state American citizens are taking their country back and demanding our laws be enforced. Those who are trying to resist the will of the American people are failing to read the writing on the wall. The number of American citizens who are outraged and taking action against illegal immigration continues to grow. And is a force that won’t be stopped. Even Washington is recognizing they can’t fight this although they still try. They will in the end do as the Citizens demand.

I encourage you to read the writing on the wall Mr. Bowles. I hope you will be ahead of the curve by doing the right thing in supporting America and Americans; not those illegally in our Country.

Thank you,

Great letter, cvangel...Very nice work.