Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The undocumented hesitate to enter a less-alluring U.S.

The undocumented hesitate to enter a less-alluring U.S.
    Fewer illegal migrants appear to be crossing the border. A shortage of jobs and stricter enforcement put them off.
    Marla Dickerson

MEXICO CITY — Lorenzo Martinez, an illegal immigrant who has lived in Los Angeles for six years, has a message for his kin in Mexico’s Hidalgo state: Stay put.

The steady construction work that had allowed him to send home as much as $1,000 a month in recent years had disappeared. The 36-year-old father of four said desperation was growing among the day laborers with whom he was competing for odd jobs.

Sporadic employment isn’t the half of it. Martinez said anxiety also was running high among undocumented workers about stepped-up workplace raids, deportations and increasing demands by U.S. employers for proof that they were in the country legally.

“Better not to come,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Ya i was just reading this
    Stay put.
    They will stay put just long enough till they think its safe agian. Big changes are needed to keep them staying put.

Moved from General Discussion to News.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The steady construction work that had allowed him to send home as much as $1,000 a month in recent years had disappeared. The 36-year-old father of four said desperation was growing among the day laborers with whom he was competing for odd jobs
    Let's see a father of four working as a day laborer sending "home" a $1,000 a month, wonder who's paying for his children? I bet "day labors pay a lot of taxes too.. If home is not in America then why is he here? Are his four children not "home" too, I bet some of them are "citizens" on welfare. Just another "illegal looking for a better life" just like our forefathers,right. The government didn't give welfare checks to our forefathers so they could send their money "home". I dare people compare these freeloaders to our forefathers.

I think when they saw Elvira get deported it opened their eyes and got their attention and made people think that the U.S. might be serious about this.

BTW, I wonder who exactly ordered Elvira to be deported? Whoever did made a wise decision because that day got everyone's attention. That was a smart move.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)