Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Uni of VA Analyzes Impact of Immigration Policy

I live in Prince William County, VA. Today in the mail I got a book called Prince William County Reports. In it is an article called "University of Virgina Analyzes Impact of Immigration Policy". I found a link to the full version of it, I'll type a few of the high lights listed in the book I got in the mail.

http://www.virginia.edu/surveys/Project ... 18.10s.pdf

1) Aggravated assault declined substantially since the policy was announced

2)There was a sharp decline in serious hit and run accidents

3)The policy provides a reasonable method for addressing the illegal
    immigration issue in the community

4)The police reputation was not irreparably damaged

5)Prince William County is viewed by its residents, regardless of race
    or ethnicity, as inclusive and as a great place to live

6)There is no evidence of racial profiling

7)The fear of costly litigation stemming from the policy never materialized

There was no exodus of legal immigrants, and the largest immigrant
    population (Hispanics) remained stable

Those were the high lights, each had an explanation with it but I'm in a hurry so I didn't type it all up. I tried to cut n paste from the article but it wouldn't let me and I don't have time to play with it right now. Hope I put this in the right place, I posted it to show that some of the "concerns" about enforcing immigration laws have been proven false.

I'm going to bump this up with more information.

Corey Stewart, here in VA, is pushing for illegal immigration crackdown.

http://coreystewart.com/

He started a site. He is trying to collect 100,000 signatures.

http://www.virginiaruleoflaw.com/home/
    Prince William Board Chairman Corey Stewart (R-At Large) praised Delegate Scott Lingamfelter (R-Prince William) for introducing legislation that Stewart has been pushing to crackdown on illegal immigration in Virginia. The legislation would extend Prince William’s vaunted illegal immigration enforcement policy to all Virginia. The legislation is the core of the Virginia Rule of Law effort that Stewart has been promoting. “Scott Lingamfelter is an effective member of the Virginia General Assembly, and I am thrilled to have him on our team, “ said Stewart.

Prince William’s policy, which was originally passed by the Board of County Supervisors amid much controversy in 2007, mandates that police officers inquire into the immigration status of everyone who is arrested. The policy got a boost recently when the University of Virginia and the Police Executive Research Forum released a 3-year study linking the policy to a 46.7% reduction aggravated assaults and a 41 percent drop in hit-and-run incidents. The study also found that the policy has become a part of routine police-work and has not overly burdened Prince William police.

Prince William County’s policy builds upon opinions issued by Attorney General Cuccinelli in 2010 and then Attorney General Bob McDonnell in 2007 which clarify that Virginia law enforcement officials have the right to inquire into immigration status of anyone who is lawfully detained.

“The strength of this policy,â€

Good information, thanks for sharing it.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    Good information, thanks for sharing it.
    Your welcome. I'm keeping an eye on facebook too. George Allen is talking about running for the Senate. Both of our current senators voted for the Dream Act and I'm told George Allen is against it, so I'm hoping he runs.