Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Union-Trib says Let Mexican Truck Roll

UNION-TRIBUNE EDITORIAL
    Let 'em roll

Union wrong in trying to ban Mexican trucks

September 1, 2007

The Teamsters union is in the protection racket. It protects its members from competition.

And in fighting to keep Mexican truck drivers off U.S. roadways, the Teamsters union has a simple and transparent goal: to artificially inflate the wages of unionized truck drivers in this country who complain that they can't compete with Mexican truckers who work for less.

That's all the controversy over Mexican trucks is about. It's a labor dispute and a power play by a powerful labor union.

Oh, you'll hear about outsourcing, or highway safety, or the worry that Mexican drivers don't speak English, or the possibility that Mexican trucks could bring drugs or illegal immigrants into the United States.

But those claims are nonsense. Those are just cultural hot buttons that union officials have been willing to push to get the public on their side. At their lowest moments, many of these officials have stoked nativist fears and stirred anti-Mexican sentiment.

Luckily, up to now, the union has failed. It struck out in trying to keep Mexican trucks off the table in trade negotiations. It failed again when it lobbied Congress to ban Mexican trucks outright; it had to settle for Congress merely setting restrictions.

And within the next few days, under a long-delayed provision of the North American Free Trade Agreement and a Bush administration plan to live up to it, Mexican trucks will start rolling across the U.S.-Mexico border.

But wait. In a last-ditch attempt to protect its members under the guise of protecting the American public, the Teamsters are asking a federal appeals court to issue an emergency injunction to block the Bush administration and keep the Mexican trucks off U.S. roadways.

The court should throw out this case. The Teamsters union is not known for giving up a fight. But here, it should. It is on the wrong side and doing itself no good.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib ... d1top.html

I stick out my tongue to whoever wrote that article.

let em roll indeed, right into a relative of this writers. That may change his mind.

I highly doubt a mexican truck driver has got the experiance required to drive in snow. I live in a midwestern state next to one of the great lakes. It can literally rain ice if the conditions are right. Those type of conditions are stressful for the best equipment, and best driver, now you're going to have a driver unfamiliar with even snow, with equipment that doesn't even have trailor breaks out on the road.

It's only going to be a matter of time before that truck slams into a family of 4, killing them, all because we didn't want to upset the sensative diplocatic feelings of mexico.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

It's only going to be a matter of time before that truck slams into a family of 4, killing them, all because we didn't want to upset the sensative diplocatic feelings of mexico.
    Seems like if that happens it would be time to file a suit against the federal government for their negligence in the matter.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Still Fighting Ignorance About Mexican Corruption/Terrorism?

Anyone who has ever lived in Mexico will tell you that for the price of a few 12-packs of beer (in the worse case a few hundred dollars), you can get any cop or federal official or officer to look the other way on your criminal enterprise. I know--I've seen it firsthand while living there!

I think we need to open our highways and trucking to Mexican trucking so we can swamp this country with millions of illegal aliens hidden in the cargo, or millions of pounds of drugs, or hundreds of Weapons of Mass Destruction and commando terrorists and let's get it over with---our gene pool can no longer think and act to protect America or its jobs from foreigners who---guess what---don;t have our best interest at heart---so let's just hurry up and help our enimies like MEXICO and al Qaeda take us down. We deserve it! Long live NAFTA, The North American Union, and viva Mexico---I already feel like a foreigner in my own country, so why stop there!

This person was so proud of his article he didn't even attach his/her name well I can see why what a pathetic article. Also is there something wrong with truckers protecting their wages?" What a Jerk!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ACTION ALERT REQUESTS!!
    Please activists leave comments,at below link
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=79828
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!This has been extended to 9/11 ALIPAC's anniversary date, we have fallen short of the goal and have so many fights ahead of us, remember all small donations add up .
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    __________________________________________________ __________-
    THE FERN AND THE BAMBOO

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=80573
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Does the UNION-TRIBUNE also encourage human and drug smuggling. Their is nothing wrong with competition, but our roads need to be safe and clearly having Mexican Trucks on the highways is a danger to all American Drivers.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Jillian,

Welcome to Alipac!!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    This person was so proud of his article he didn't even attach his/her name well I can see why what a pathetic article. Also is there something wrong with truckers protecting their wages?" What a Jerk!
    I had to make sure I didn't just miss the writer's name when I posted it but it just wasn't there. Wonder why?

Another email out:

Editor:

UNION-TRIBUNE EDITORIAL
    Let 'em roll

Union wrong in trying to ban Mexican trucks

September 1, 2007

What an utter bunch of bull. We can only believe the Union-Tribune is owned by one of the corporations pushing so hard for the SPP, NAU, and citizenship for illegals. Any editor that could write such tripe otherwise, shouldn't be the editor of a paper.

P.S.

NO! We are NOT truck drivers, have no relatives or friends that are truck drivers. BUT we do know when we are being bamboozled and lied to, by the government AND the MSM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast