Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unreliable Numbers /Winston Salem Journal

Thursday, January 3, 2008
    Unreliable Numbers

Winston-Salem Journal

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satel ... %2Fopinion

Give your opinion on this editorial

Some Forsyth County commissioners are so desperate for tougher immigration laws that they’re ready to use the results of a flawed study to lobby for those laws. Tougher laws are needed. But this is a push that must be based on fact, not on questionable numbers that can fan flames of hatred for Hispanic immigrants.

Commissioners Walter Marshall and Ted Kaplan have raised serious questions about the internal study and its finding of annual costs of almost $11.2 million in services to illegal immigrants.

Even Joe Bartel, the man behind the study and the county’s budget director, acknowledges the study’s flaws. Bartel had his office do the study at the request of Commissioner Beaufort Bailey. But in a letter to Bailey about the study, Bartel said that most of the estimates on the number of “undocumented Hispanics … seem to be mostly anecdotal.â€

I live near kernersville nc right next to winston salem and the illegal alien problem is exploding.Entire neighorhood once mostly african american are now taken over by illegal aliens who speak little english and even have signs in spanish.The hospital returns the cost of illegals having babies at baptist hospital for example to your taxes and increases in premiums to your blue cross insurance,etc(I live in guilford county on the forsyth county line where winston is located and I have a forsyth county exchange phone number-blue cross wanted to know why I said I lived in guilford-when I explained it to them and asked them why it mattered ,they said it would be 8-10 more dollars a month if I lived in forsyth because of high illegal alien population in forsyth -called insurance commissioners office and they said blue cross was allowed to charge more or less in each county).The kernersville drivers licence office told me 2 years ago they were doing 1000 licences per week and the state of NC prints pamplets in spanish for DMV.The forsyth county sherriffs dept has had officers killed by illegals.There is even a dentist in winston who advertises he will help"migrants" get free dental care for thier kids.I called his office and they would not even see my son because he is not on medicaid-once again causing the cost of dental care to go up.the winston salem journal supports amnesty.Oddly one of the first politicians to go public against illegal aliens was vernon robinson ,a former wintson salem city councilmen who the winston salem journel went after before illegal immigration came to the forefront.I met Tom Tancredo when he came to campaign for vernon robinson in 2004,which got me more involved and later met william.

It is becoming more and more evident that our census must aggregate out those who are citizens, legal permanent residents and illegal aliens. Until we have real data, all the numbers espoused on both sides of this issue are flawed. We have to have a measure of who is here legally and illegally and must not any longer adjust congressional seats based on growing illegal alien populations, thus giving more legislative power to those states harboring the greatest number of illegal aliens.
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>