Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Untapped Evidence

When he signed the Homeland Security funding bill last week, President Bush vowed to track down illegal aliens inside the United States and enforce the law against employers who hire them.

“If somebody’s here illegally, we’ve got to do everything we can to find them,� said Mr. Bush. “We’ve got to crack down on employers who flout our laws.�

Well, I have two pieces of information the president might find useful. The first is that I know where he can get excellent intelligence that could help the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agents simultaneously find a great many illegal aliens and crack down on employers flouting the law. The second is that if DHS uses this information, it may well end up busting a state government for hiring illegal aliens.

The information is now in the possession of the Social Security Administration (SSA), which believes it is legally prevented from sharing it with DHS other than in the context of an ongoing criminal investigation.
    Specifically, SSA has two lists. First, according to the SSA inspector general, SSA develops a list each year of all employers who submit 100 or more W-2 forms â€â€

I saw there were a few articles similiar to this one but I wanted to post it anyway because this is a big deal.

Do you think we can obtain access to these lists through the freedom of information act?

I would like to try. Get the lists, out the offenders, rally and protest the biggest ones and make a big stink. We need to shame our government into workplace enforcement.

Unfortunately, I do not believe we can get the lists from the Social Security Administration if the information concerns citizens.

However, if what we seek concerns non-citizens known to be here illegaly, they are outside the jurisdiction of the United States, like illegal aliens.

Corporations do not have social security numbers so they would not be protected by the US Privacy Act, only legal holders of social security numbers are protected by the privacy act.

Besides, isn't this an on-going criminal investigation?

Why would it not be?

We are investigating criminals violating our US Immigration Laws, US Labor Laws and US Civil Rights Laws.

It's not only criminal, it's tri-criminal.

Great Idea Watch Dog--it's worth a try...it would at least stir things up and perhaps get the authorities to request the list and use it to prosecute employers and deport illegal aliens.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn