More defendents in the Fischer Homes case have pleaded guilty. To date, the judge has not sentenced anyone. He should do this in two weeks.

Please contact Judge Bunning and ask him to give jail time to the guilty parties. To my knowlege, no judge has sent a business owner to jail.

Do we have anyone from KY willing to send a letter ?

Judge David L. Bunning
35 W 5th St., Rm. 410
Covington, Ky 41011
U.S. District Court

Re.: Guilty Pleas in the Northern KY home building industry

Alfredo Medina-Mejia, Leopoldo Medina, Lucian Salazar, Ruben Trejo, and Jose Trejo-Soto have all pleaded guilty to conspiring to harbor illegal aliens. They said they knew the workers were in the United States illegally. They have agreed to cooperate with the government's investigation, and will testify against others - including Robert Pratt, if necessary.

If these men are illegal aliens, I hope you see fit to give they some jail time and deport them. They conspired with each other and took advantage of perhaps hundreds of others for financial gain. Should any of these men be American citizens, please consider giving them a minimum of one year in jail.

I understand that Jacqueline Pratt-Medina has also pleaded guilty and may need to testify against her father. I feel sorry for her. I also have a daughter that is 25 years old. I’m sure that at this age, she was greatly influenced by her father’s money. However, she is part of a crime family. I urge you to give her the full 18 months of her reduced sentence and a $250,000 fine !

Hopefully these guilty pleads help the prosecutors to convict higher level business owners / managers. I encourage you to consider additional jail time for any business manager and the most serious jail time for any business owner. Business owners and managers that intentionally hire illegal immigrants must receive stiff jail sentences. They enable illegal aliens to steal American jobs. The unemployment rate in Northern KY is higher than the national average. Companies use illegal labor to reduce wages. Unscrupulous companies can easily shield themselves by using subcontractors. Most judges fail to give business owners any jail time. Heavy fines simply have failed as a deterrent. Business owners simply process them as a cost of doing business.

Business owners must be made to realize there are consequences to their illegal actions. A mere slap on the wrist and a stiff fine, simply aren’t severe enough. Please make examples of any business owners that are found guilty. The nature of these crimes is very serious and it is detrimental to America’s core values. A lengthy prison sentence is required for the senior managers and especially any business owner !Eastern District of Kentucky