Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UPDATED: 'SUPER' LATINO SLAMS CLINTON

By MAGGIE HABERMAN

February 12, 2008 -- A prominent member of the national Democratic Party has circulated a sharp e-mail saying the removal of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle was disloyal to Hispanics and should give "pause" to superdelegates and voters.

The e-mail from, Steven Ybarra, a California superdelegate who heads the voting-rights committee of the DNC Hispanic Caucus, was sent to fellow caucus members in the hours after word broke that Solis Doyle - the most prominent Latina in Clinton's campaign - would be replaced by another close Clinton loyalist, Maggie Williams, who is black.

The e-mail noted that Clinton, who is looking to Latino voters for a boost in the Texas and Ohio primaries on March 4, scored heavily with Hispanics in her California win.

"Apparently, loyalty is not a two-way street," he wrote. "Latino superdelegates like myself . . . will have cause to pause."

Ybarra told The Post yesterday that the loss of Solis Doyle, a child of Mexican immigrants, just weeks before the Texas primary, where 36 percent of the population is Hispanic, was "dumb as a stump."

Contacted for comment, the typically press-shy Solis Doyle told The Post that Ybarra was writing on "false information," and confirmed she's staying on as an adviser.

Team Clinton insisted that the decision to switch from Solis Doyle to Williams, revealed on Sunday afternoon, was amiable.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/02122008/ne ... _97237.htm
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    NY Hispanics Question Clinton Aide Exit

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Two New York Hispanic leaders said they would be upset if Hillary Rodham Clinton's Hispanic campaign manager was replaced because of primary losses they believe should be blamed on former President Bill Clinton and others.
    Patti Solis Doyle, whose parents were Mexican immigrants, stepped down as Clinton's campaign manager this weekend as Clinton was losing five Democratic contests to Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. Clinton has said Doyle's decision was a personal response to a grueling campaign, not about job performance. She added that Solis Doyle would remain a senior adviser and that her campaign needed to add more staff.

In a letter to Clinton dated Monday and obtained by The Associated Press, State Sen. Ruben Diaz Jr. and Assemblyman Joseph Peralta, both New York City Democrats, wrote that they are inclined to believe the explanation, but `it will be very troubling to many if somehow we later find that she left her post under pressure because of the recent primary losses your campaign suffered."

The lawmakers credited Solis Doyle with helping build Hispanic support for Clinton and wrote that they hoped she was not "the one to take the blame and resign from her post instead of others involved with your campaign, including former President Clinton, who have caused serious problems and embarrassing situations for your campaign."

Bill Clinton was criticized when he suggested Obama's victory in South Carolina was a racial one, like the Rev. Jesse Jackson's there in Obama won with an overwhelming share of the South Carolina black vote. After the criticism of that and other remarks he made about Obama, the former president said he would stick to promoting his wife, rather than defending her.

Clinton has received solid majorities from Hispanic voters. They helped her win California and she is counting on them again in Texas' March 4 primary.

"She might be playing with fire with the Hispanic community," Diaz told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I just wanted them to know that we are not innocent, to believe that the person resigned on her own. No one resigns when things are going good." Diaz has not endorsed a candidate for president.

Solis Doyle responded: "This my decision, my choice, my timing."

"I was really, really proud to be the first Hispanic woman to run a presidential campaign and particularly proud of the way Hispanics turned out and they turned out for Hillary," Solis Doyle added, "There was no pressure and while I'm sad not to have the role, I am so happy to be able to be home more with my kids."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

sounds like a my way or the highway threat . SuperDel has an agenda and it's not for the good of the country . It's for his own cause ! is that the way these superdelgates think and act ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    It's not about the fact that she did a lousy job. It's about being loyal to the LATINOS. It's not about breaking the law and sneaking into the country, it's about being loyal to LATINOS. Now Hillary will be punished because she wasn't loyal to LATINOS. I am so sick and tired of hearing about LATINOS.

is that the way these superdelgates think and act ?
    Yes, indeed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    It's not about the fact that she did a lousy job. It's about being loyal to the LATINOS. It's not about breaking the law and sneaking into the country, it's about being loyal to LATINOS. Now Hillary will be punished because she wasn't loyal to LATINOS. I am so sick and tired of hearing about LATINOS.
    I have to agree , its getting old fast

Its as if there is nobody in this country but latinos

This is what other Americans have to look forward to , its all for
    them and nothing for anybody else

And they wonder why people are really starting to hate them

They sure have the blackmail thing down, don't they!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)