Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am one of the best and brightest (BS physics, MS materials engineering, PhD publications in nanotech) and I would work at any wage. Problem is, you are not allowed to say that out loud. So here I am applying for food stamps and finding a friend to stay with - and the career development agency I paid big $ to is saying with my background, the least I should settle for is $70K. They said applying for jobs online is a complete waste of time (then I have wasted A LOT of time). They said "you are an amazing person, and you will be surprised at the opportunities will find with the right connections....." yes, I sure WOULD be after 3 years of trying to network like mad and the resulting angst and low self-esteem. I had called the H1B "pipeline" assistance center in San Diego and asked is there such a place for Americans to gain connections behind the doors of HR? They said no.
    I am rapidly learning more networking techniques and I remain hopeful that a highly intelligent, educated American with science skills still has a shot at even moderate success. Still, why do I have to work so hard to put my face in front of everyone? It's like my degrees and publications mean nothing these days. I call BS to not being able to find qualified Americans. We are ignored unless we stomp our feet and wave our arms and then beg to be mistreated so we can compete with foreigners, some of whom are less qualified and may have even lied about their backgrounds because it's harder to catch.

Sofedup, your story is a perfect example as to what is wrong with the business, immigration and employment environment in America today. We all should be mad as hell about this and DEMAND that American's be treated as first class citizens. Everyone within ear shot of this message, contact your politicians and start making DEMANDS upon them. Make them represent and respond to us. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Geez, they can't introduce their bills fast enough can they? Did you see them DROOLING over Bill Gates when he addressed congress? Big money = big campaign donations.

Bill Gates makes me SICK. If it weren't for America and Americans, he wouldn't be a billionaire. I guess having a billion $$$ isn't enough. Gotta hire that CHEAP LABOR. He wants to be the first trillionaire. AS***LE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12