Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Govt. Admits Lying About Jailed Border Agents

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=54132 - didINVASION USA

Government admits lying about jailed border agents
    Inspector confronted on Capitol Hill, says promised 'proof' does not exist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: February 6, 2007
    8:06 p.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas
    A Department of Homeland Security official admitted yesterday the agency misled Congress when it contended it possessed investigative reports proving Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean confessed guilt and declared they "wanted to shoot some Mexicans" prior to the incident that led to their imprisonment.

The admission came during the testimony of DHS Inspector General Richard L. Skinner before the Homeland Security Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee, according to Michael Green, press secretary for Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas.

Culberson was questioning Skinner about a meeting DHS officials had Sept. 26 with him and three other Republican congressman from Texas, Reps. Ted Poe, Michael McCaul and Kenny Marchant.

(Story continues below)

WND previously reported that at that meeting the DHS Inspector General's office asserted it had documentary evidence Ramos and Compean:

confessed to knowingly shooting at an unarmed suspect;

stated during the interrogation they did not believe the suspect was a threat to them at the time of the shooting;

stated that day they "wanted to shoot a Mexican";

were belligerent to investigators;

destroyed evidence and lied to investigators.
    Under questioning by Culberson, Skinner admitted DHS did not in fact have investigative reports to back up the claims: "The person who told you that misinformed you," Skinner reportedly replied.

This prompted a startled and angry response from the congressman.

"You lied to me and you lied to all of us," Culberson charged. "Your office tried to paint a picture of Ramos and Compean as dirty cops, and now you come before this committee and tell us you never had the information to back up those claims."

Ramos and Compean began prison sentences last month after their actions in the shooting of a drug smuggler who was granted immunity to testify against them.

Responding to Skinner's testimony yesterday, Poe said it "explains why DHS has been stonewalling Congress."

"DHS didn't turn over the reports to us to back up their September 26 accusations for one simple reason – the reports never existed," the Texas congressman said.

"Why did it take DHS four months to admit their error?" he asked. "I wonder how much more has DHS told the public and Congress about Ramos and Compean that simply isn't true?"

Poe said he's determined to get to the bottom of DHS's claim.

"I expect this new revelation will lead to a lot more questions before we're done," he said.

Andy Ramirez, who has been involved with the case as chairman of Friends of the Border Patrol, told WND the DHS's actions "represent obstruction of justice, and they should be held in contempt of Congress, and, if possible, prosecuted to the full extent of the law."

"This admission today is yet more proof of how they are willing to distort the facts, as I have charged all along, in order to ensure a conviction," he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Off to prison they should go, along with chancellor bush.

Which again begs the question about the true motive behind these prosecutions! These people are despicable!

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    Which again begs the question about the true motive behind these prosecutions! These people are despicable!
    If they'll just keep dragging they'll finally get Alberto out in the light of day.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Loservillelabor wrote:

If they'll just keep dragging they'll finally get Alberto out in the light of day.

Your right. It could lead to Gonzales and maybe even Senior Boosh!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Now we're getting somewhere.

Okay, for those of you who support the Patriot Act, let's take a look at what we have in this case. These government officials are subject to all the standard requirements for substantiating claims and providing documentation upon the issuance of a FOIA request. Can you imagine how much worse these sorts of prosecutions will be when the same dirtbags can use secret witnesses, refuse to answer discovery requests or FOIA requests, can seal evidence, etc.?

I hope they catch them with alot of dirt on their grimey little hands. and they spend along time where Ramos is, I'd like to see Chertoff and Gonzolas go down , but we know that dreaming alittle to big
    But my hope are high for Ramos and Compean right now!!they are in our prayers! We want Justice!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Now we're getting somewhere.

Okay, for those of you who support the Patriot Act, let's take a look at what we have in this case. These government officials are subject to all the standard requirements for substantiating claims and providing documentation upon the issuance of a FOIA request. Can you imagine how much worse these sorts of prosecutions will be when the same dirtbags can use secret witnesses, refuse to answer discovery requests or FOIA requests, can seal evidence, etc.?
    I just thought that needed repeating...

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I hope they catch them with alot of dirt on their grimey little hands. and they spend along time where Ramos is, I'd like to see Chertoff and Gonzolas go down , but we know that dreaming alittle to big
    But my hope are high for Ramos and Compean right now!!they are in our prayers! We want Justice!!
    they WILL GO DOWN. who ever is elected next president will never keep these jacka$$es and if they do they are more stupid that the person we
    UNFORTUNATELY call the us prez.