Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maybe the three of you should do some research before you open your pieholes...

To me there is no difference between an illegal and an anchor-baby!

Border kids caught in drug war
    Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:35 PM by Sam Singal

By Mark Potter, NBC News correspondent

COLUMBUS, NEW MEXICO -- In reporting tonight's Nightly News story on how the vicious war between drug cartels and police throughout Mexico is affecting U.S. border towns, we came across some disturbing evidence that adults aren't the only victims.

In Columbus, New Mexico, some 400 American-born children, who actually live across the border in Palomas, Mexico, come to the Port of Entry most mornings to clear immigration, board buses and then head off to school on the U.S. side.

In talking to some of those elementary and middle school children, we found out that they are quite aware of the dangers that traffickers have brought to their tiny town. So far this year, a drug-related turf war in Palomas has claimed some 40 lives. Throughout Mexico, that war has caused about 4,000 deaths since the start of last year, with many of the victims being top law enforcement officials.

Talking with the children, we heard one boy describe a gun battle near his home in Palomas. "They start shooting everywhere and you don't know where to go," he said. He added that while in the relative safety of the American side of the border he is still concerned about the dangers back home. "When I walk from there over here I worry about my parents," he said. "When I'm coming back I worry about myself."

Many of the children talked casually about the killings and the weapons involved. "You can hear by the sound, AK-47," one said, describing the traffickers' rifle of choice. And a boy who lives near the border fence said, "All the time you can hear shootings downtown, drive-bys, too. Everywhere you could hear the shootings. It's, uh, people dead."

Some of the girls we met had similar stories. One stunned us by saying, "It has happened around my house, 'cuz people who are involved live there."

When asked if they are afraid, many of the children said they were. But others said they had just become numb to the violence. "At first, when it all started, it was kind of scary, but then you have to get used to it," a young girl told us.

When asked if he had actually seen a shooting, a boy said firmly, "I haven't seen that and I don't wish to see it, 'cuz if you see something like that they can kill you, 'cuz they want no witnesses."

A life-saving thought perhaps, but surely too much for a little school-kid to have to know.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

April
    Okay lets all play nice and keep the Christmas Spirit. I would hate to have to lock the thread. We can all express different opinions in a respectful way. No bashing and No personal attacks.

Merry Christmas!

I said probable and even with anchor babies the number 40 million is too high. BTW I am the only person to picket on the Kennedy Compound lawn against Teddy's immigration policies while the Kennedys were there.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: US high school student, mother are beaten to death in Ju

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by digorykirke
    You don't know any of that. Maybe the family was divorced? What does the President have to do with it? There is nothing wrong with living in Mexico either. How about some respect for the dead.

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    This is awful but let's tell the truth.

The boy was not American, he was attending High School over the border. Probably he was living with some illegal cousins. He's an illegal in America.

It's still awful what happened to them.

Aren't you glad this President and the last one just love letting 40 million illegals come here and soak our systems dry.
    This is an illegal immigrant group!
    If you can't handle it take you 18 posts and leave!
    Merry Christmas!!!
    He could have been an anchor baby who got left behind for education when his mother was deported. In any case I agree -- this was part of the illegal alien problem in the US.

Why are we letting children from Mexico walk across the border to attend our taxpayer funded schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I said probable and even with anchor babies the number 40 million is too high. BTW I am the only person to picket on the Kennedy Compound lawn against Teddy's immigration policies while the Kennedys were there.
    Richard, I like you and your comments are usually very helpful but not this time.

1-WorriedAmerican said 40 million Illegal AND Legal Immigrants.

2-The comments at the article site made by El Paso residents bring up the problem of Mexican children going to school in the USA instead of going to their own schools.

3- Does protesting the Kennedy's give you license to call WorriedAmerican a xenophobe ? I don't think so.

You know how frustrated we all are with the Illegal Immigrant crisis in America and sometimes that anger may get voiced
    in a way we don't agree with but maybe we should be careful not to over react ourselves or express our displeasure with more carefully chosen words,me included..
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Well... What a tragedy. It makes me very happy to know that those violent people are on the other side of the border. Mexico is an unarmed population. Just imagine if B.O. took away our 2nd Amendment, having such a violently out of control population to the south of the U.S. border. I am that much warmer tonight knowing we have a 2nd Amendment, and a Constitution keeping U.S. well off.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

As long as Mexico refuses to reinstate the death penalty, the drug cartels will rule. What's the worst punishment they get from the government? Jail, where they can continue to rule the cartels, bribe officials, order hits, continue moving drugs, etc. They basically live in luxury in jail, as long as they pay for it.

Cartel members who are caught should be put to death. No more free rides. The mexican people want the death penalty. Has Mexico got the cajones to do this? Probably not since most government officials profit from the drug money. So innocent people will keep getting killed. The ones involved in drugs end up paying for their greed, but the innocents are the only ones I feel sorry for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Revisited the link and the comment section is GONE!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I question whether the sentence added legal before I complained. There actully are people whose xenophobia leads to claims of as many as 40 million illegals. The post above now reads reasonably.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    There's no where near 12 million either! Why can't we OVER-ESTIMATE as much as they UNDER-ESTIMATE? Years and years go by and the SAME number of illegals is used and I'm sick of it.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast