Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Judge Raps Congress Over Deportation Act

http://www.boston.com

US judge raps Congress over deportation act
    By Michael Kunzelman, Associated Press |
    July 13, 2005

The chief judge of the US District Court in Boston lashed out at Congress yesterday, saying it has put a ''chokehold" on his court, stripping it of the authority to rule on deportation cases.

In a scathing, 107-page ruling, Judge William G. Young said he was prepared to halt the deportation of a Nigerian national, Frank Enwonwu, who contends the government promised he could stay in the United States after he was arrested on drug charges in 1986.

But Young said Congress, in a ''virtually unprecedented" attack on judicial independence, took that decision out of his hands in May when it passed the REAL ID Act, a law that makes it harder for immigrants to gain amnesty.

''How can this be in modern-day America?" he wrote.

Young said he is required by law to transfer Enwonwu's case to the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Young argued that the new law endangers immigrants like Enwonwu, 56.

''Congress does not much care about immigrant aliens, even those who, after endangering themselves assisting our law enforcement efforts to stem international drug trade, are deported into the hands of the very drug traders upon whom they have informed," he wrote.

Young recommended the release of Enwonwu, who has been jailed for 303 days, while he awaits a final ruling from the courts.

Enwonwu, who attended Tufts University in the 1970s, contends he was promised a free trip back to Boston in 1986 by a Nigerian Army officer who wanted a guide to show him around the city. Just hours before his flight, Enwonwu contends, he was told to conceal bags of heroin in his rectum. He was arrested at Logan International Airport when customs officials detected the drugs. He later pleaded guilty to heroin importation charges and received a two-year suspended sentence.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What? The court was to keep this person here? Why?

There is no difference between releasing someone who aids in the drug trade from Nigeria than someone who aidsin the drug trade from the United States. If, because they turned state's evidence, do we find a new country for the Americans to protect them from the people they testified against?

We need to clamp down on the student visas and the tourist visas as they are both being used to gain entry and then application to remain in the United States.

107 Page Ruling by this Judge? That's alot of Judge Over-Time if you ask me.

If the Nigerian was smart enough to go to a US College or University, especially an uppity one like Tufts, then I would hope he had enough intelligence to say NO...I will NOT put your Heroin up my rectum and bring that awful drug into the United States, a nation who befriended me, a nation who allowed me into their country to study at a nice univeristy, a nation that has through its student visa program allowed me a chance to improve myself, so I could return to Nigeria and use my education to help my people there. No...NIgerian Army Officer....I WILL NOT DO THAT!

Deport this alien now!!

In my homestate, they send American Kids to the state penitiary for growing a plant of marijuana on their window sill!!

US Judges: Have you lost your mind? Are you nuts?

TWO YEAR SUSPENDED SENTENCE FOR HEROIN TRAFFICKING, IF YOU'RE AN ILLEGAL ALIEN....3 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE IF YOU'RE JUST AN AMERICAN KID GROWING A MARIJUANA PLANT FOR YOUR OWN USE!!

There is no end to this madness.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh too bad so sad. That's why we have checks and balances so we can make sure that unelected, unaccountable, communist judges don't singlehandedly rule the country.

In a scathing, 107-page ruling, Judge William G. Young said he was prepared to halt the deportation of a Nigerian national, Frank Enwonwu, who contends the government promised he could stay in the United States after he was arrested on drug charges in 1986.
    What? Your kidding me right? I thought all immigrants just came here to work and gain a better life for their families. I thought all immigrants were suppose to be great and wonderful people and only the Nazi white people with blond hair and blue eyes were the only ones that did things like this. At least that's what the media and the political machine inside the beltway would have you believe. Oh and if he's a Nigerian national and not an American citizen or a legal immigrant, wouldn't that mean he's illegal and has no business being here anyway? Also even if he were legal, wouldn't being arrested for drug charges be in violation of his visa or green card? No it's a privilege to be in this country if your a legal immigrant, not a right and that privilege can be taken from you at any time if you decide to become a burden to society. HASTA LA VISTA BABY.

But Young said Congress, in a ''virtually unprecedented" attack on judicial independence, took that decision out of his hands in May when it passed the REAL ID Act, a law that makes it harder for immigrants to gain amnesty.
    Judical independence? Is that what you call it? I call it Judical Tyranny. Hey the Soviet Union used to be soley run by judges at one time. Why would immigrants need to gain amnesty if they are here legally obeying the laws of the land? Oh you mean he's an illegal alien, lawbreaking scumbag. Oh of course you the scumbag judge wouldn't bother to do your job and interpret/enforce the laws on the illegal, but God forbid an American citizen, especially of the white colored skin decided to break the law then I'm sure you the communist judge would impose the maximum sentence.

''How can this be in modern-day America?" he wrote.
    See this is what these communist do. Talk about revisionism at it's worst. Since when did America become ruled by a few unelected tyrants in black robes? This clown should be in an orange jump suit, not a black robe. Who elected this scumbag to the courts? I don't remember voting for him.

''Congress does not much care about immigrant aliens, even those who, after endangering themselves assisting our law enforcement efforts to stem international drug trade, are deported into the hands of the very drug traders upon whom they have informed," he wrote.
    Since when do criminals care about assisting law enforcement officials? Congress doesn't care much about invaders. Neither do I and your point is what?

Young recommended the release of Enwonwu, who has been jailed for 303 days, while he awaits a final ruling from the courts.
    This is why this judge should be in an orange jump suit. He is knowingly and willingly aiding and abetting a known criminal thug who has no legal right to be in this country. He wants to release this thug who is a known criminal back out onto the streets, into our communities without even a thought of how this is going to effect us. This judge needs to be held accountable. These judges need to be taught that they are not the absolute rulers of this country, they are there to interpret laws and to see that they are enforced. That's it. Not lets strike down whatever laws I don't like and change them to fit my political agenda. He wanted the alien to be released and then show up for a deportation hearing. Gee yeah I'm sure the scumbag would show up.

Earth to dictator judge. Congress enacted those stricter asylum laws, the American people wanted them and that's the way it's going to be. If you don't like it then petition Congress to change them. Until then judge, shut your yap and do your job.

Enwonwu, who attended Tufts University in the 1970s, contends he was promised a free trip back to Boston in 1986 by a Nigerian Army officer who wanted a guide to show him around the city. Just hours before his flight, Enwonwu contends, he was told to conceal bags of heroin in his rectum. He was arrested at Logan International Airport when customs officials detected the drugs. He later pleaded guilty to heroin importation charges and received a two-year suspended sentence.
    Wait a minute, so it wasn't even an American government official who promised him amnesty. It was some corrupt Nigerian scumbag who thinks he can tell us, the American people how it's going to be. No, not going to happen. Pack your bags and return to that cesspool you call a country and you can do all the drugs you want and not get in trouble since that is how they live in that rat trap. Wouldn't that be more better for this wonderful immigrant? That way he can return to his original country and live the way he wants to live like the savage that he is. VOMONOUS SCUMBAG.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy:

I'm all for deportations of all those who aide and abett the destruction of America. I say lets not end with just immigrants both legal and illegal. I say we should take it a step further and start the deportation process for judges and politicans as well as support groups (including corrupt business people and church leaders) who illegally influence the political machine in DC. What do you say?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Earth to dictator judge. Congress enacted those stricter asylum laws, the American people wanted them and that's the way it's going to be. If you don't like it then petition Congress to change them. Until then judge, shut your yap and do your job.
    "Until then judge, shut your yap and do your job".

Better

RESIGN YOUR POST, JUDGE. YOU ARE NO LONGER FIT TO SERVE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

This "criminal" is a GROWN MAN, in his 50's, not some young student "who didn't" know better. If he attended Tufts in the 70's, went back to Nigeria like he was supposed to, and then IN NIGERIA loaded up his butt with drugs for a "free ticket" to Boston in 1986, 19 friggin years ago, what in the HELL Is the man still doing here in 2005!!

He should have been DEPORTED in 1986!! He's had a FREE ILLEGAL RIDE for 19 years.

And we are to believe he stopped doing business with the Nigerian Heroin Trafficking Scum Bag Army Officer.....for the past 19 years?

You're right dman1200, deport this FREE LOADER AND HIS PET JUDGE TOO! I hear Nigeria is lovely this time of year! The Judge can find a "new life" in Nigeria trying to save the Elephants....they really do need someone's help.

Waaaay to Go Tufts University!! Is that what you teach foreign students who attend your University? Trade a plane ticket for stuffing drugs up your butt?? SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPUTATION!

Next time give the seat to an American Kid!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn