Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Limiting Deposits Made By Mexican Nationals

US Limiting Deposits Made By Mexican Nationals

Posted: May 21, 2012 5:59 PM
    Updated: May 21, 2012 6:07 PM

WESLACO - A crackdown by the U.S. is limiting how much money Mexican customers can deposit at U.S. banks. The change in deposits started in Mexico in 2010.

The Mexican government began limiting the amount of U.S. dollars that could be deposited in banks there. As a result, many people brought their banking business to the U.S.

Now, the U.S. government now requires banks in the Rio Grande Valley and across the country to understand the source of the money before a Mexican national makes a deposit. Some say the federal rule change is meant to curb the amount of money handed over to the cartels.

The amount of money deposited at one time or in one month is now limited. Each bank set its own limits.

Lizabeth Cantu, a Mexican national, had no idea of the rule. "My bank hasn't notified me of anything, and I don't think my parents either," she said.

The recent college graduate admitted she hasn't deposited much money in her account.

She told us she's more concerned for her parents, who make more money than she does. Her father owns a pair of businesses in Reynosa.

"I understand the reason why, but I don't think they should limit the amount," she said.

Some Valley banks held off as long as they could. Non-resident customers at Lone Star National Bank will see the changes June 1. The bank is notifying people with fliers, sent out with every transaction.

Valley banks, like Lone Star National, are now brainstorming new ways to cater to international customers. Banks don't want to lose business due to a decision made in D.C. You're advised to check in with your bank.

US Limiting Deposits Made By Mexican Nationals | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trying to limit the billions of dollars the Mexicans are stripping out of America by hooking our children on cocaine and meth so they will turn into unrecognizable monsters that will snort and inject all that our American families have ever accumulated.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)