Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Supreme Court denies Kansas immigrant's appeal

US Supreme Court denies Kansas immigrant's appeal

nebraska.tv
    The Associated Press
    Posted: Oct 15, 2011 4:19 PM EDT

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - An illegal immigrant sentenced to more than a decade in prison for repeatedly returning to the United States following deportation has exhausted his appeals.

The U.S. Supreme Court refused this week to hear a Kansas case that sets the standard in 10th Circuit federal district courts for what jurors must consider in deliberating criminal immigration verdicts.

An appeals court panel decided in June that the judge failed to make clear to jurors in the case of Eusebio Sierra-Ledesma that the government had to prove that he re-entered the United States with the "intent" to do so. But it did not overturn his conviction.

Jurors in re-entry cases must now be told that they must find the defendant knew he was coming illegally into the country in order to convict him.

http://www.nebraska.tv/story/15702526/u ... nts-appeal
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How stupid is this?

Jurors in re-entry cases must now be told that they must find the defendant knew he was coming illegally into the country in order to convict him.
    If he has been thrown out of the country already.
    How could it be possible he didn't know he was here illegally.

What games they play!

Quote Originally Posted by posylady
    How stupid is this?

If he has been thrown out of the country already.
    How could it be possible he didn't know he was here illegally.

What games they play!
    That is STUPID! Of course this jack--s knew he was crossing illegally....he was already told and thrown out numerous times.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

How in the heck did this case make it this far? Now all illegals will use the term IGNORANCE OF THE LAWS IS MY EXCUSE! Try that sheeeeeeeeeeeet back in the 60's.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Banned
    Its stupid rulings like this that make the LEGAL AMERICAN PUBLIC's blood boil. Rule should be caught first time..deported..caught second time deport and charge the home country for his deportation costs and fines. NO more trials or waste of time. They know they are entering illegally. Heck LaRaza claims latinos are some of the smartest people in the world. If thats the case then they have no grounds to claim lack of knowledge.

I'm guessing this guy didn't speak Spanish but an indigenous language of Mexico. Then claimed the interpretation wasn't clear enough.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)