Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US to take 10,000 Burundian refugees from Tanzania

US to take 10,000 Burundian refugees from Tanzania
    17 Oct 2006 22:05:09 GMT
    Source: Reuters

WASHINGTON, Oct 17 (Reuters) - The United States plans to take in about 10,000 Burundian refugees -- many of whom fled their landlocked Central African nation as far back as 1972 -- from Tanzania, the U.S. State Department said on Tuesday.

"We are planning to offer permanent resettlement to a group of Burundian refugees who've been in western camps in Tanzania," State Department spokesman Tom Casey told reporters, saying an estimated 10,000 people would be offered residence.

Burundi has been plagued by civil strife since it achieved independence from Belgium in 1962. Thousands of Burundians from the Hutu majority fled ethnic massacres by the powerful Tutsi minority in 1972.

Hundreds of thousands more Burundians fled to neighboring countries during a 12-year civil war that killed roughly 300,000 people before it ended last year with a U.N.-backed peace agreement.

Casey said the United States agreed to taken in the refugees at the request of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees. Washington received the request within the last year, he said.

A UNHCR spokesman said the agency seeks to help refugees return to their original country or to integrate into the communities where they have fled. If neither is possible, it looks to resettle them in third countries.

"This group felt that they were unable or unwilling to return," said UNHCR spokesman Tim Irwin. Local integration also was not an option, he said, leading to the decision to seek permanent homes for them elsewhere.

He said the group had become known as the 1972 Burundians -- referring to the year they left the country -- and that many were born in Tanzania and had no direct experience of Burundi.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N17285128.htm
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

We're going to get the US population up to 400 million in no time at all, even if we have to import every last one of them.

The words that I heard my father say when I was a teenager won't stop ringing in my ears. He would always say, "My God, one day this generation is going to run this country". That day is here! Not to mention John Kerry's words when he was running for president, "people can you take 4 more years of this?"

And then, there's this from way back in 2003.

US prepares to open door to flood of North Korean refugees

By Marian Wilkinson, Herald Correspondent in Washington
    July 30 2003

The Bush Administration is expected to back plans to provide thousands of North Koreans with asylum in America, supporting efforts to transport them out of China, in a significant policy shift.

"We will see the United States adopt very generous provisions for North Korean refugees, including relocating them from China and South Korea into processing camps in the region and into localities in the US," said Chuck Downs, a long-time Washington consultant on North Korean human rights.

The US Senate recently passed a measure that would allow North Korean asylum seekers to apply for refugee status in the US, a move that is expected to be supported soon by the full Congress.
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/07/ ... 21685.html

I just read somewhere that a Republican Senator has proposed providing asylum to NK in the last day or so.

They are importing them faster than they can create jobs and housing for them. Oh my God, the mess we are all going to be in. It is easy to understand why 73 million American are unemployed.

Let's not forget the batch from Somalia that drained one little town in Vermont a few years ago {think it was Vermont}........Unsanitary, welfare and just a mess. Town thought it was wonderful until a year passed.
    They had a shock!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    "We are planning to offer permanent resettlement to a group of Burundian refugees who've been in western camps in Tanzania," State Department spokesman Tom Casey told reporters, saying an estimated 10,000 people would be offered residence.
    As long as we, the taxpayers, can pay for them, the government will keep importing them! Can the State Department do this without congressional approval?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, I was asking for diversity in my immigrants.

Personally, I'm more accepting of this, than the illegal aliens sneaking in. Many of these people will come in with America sponsors that will assist in getting them jobs and acclimating to America.

They are usually very grateful, don't get involved in crime and they learn English.

Also, where these people are coming from, makes Central and South America look like a paradise.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Well, I was asking for diversity in my immigrants.

Personally, I'm more accepting of this, than the illegal aliens sneaking in. Many of these people will come in with America sponsors that will assist in getting them jobs and acclimating to America.

They are usually very grateful, don't get involved in crime and they learn English.

Also, where these people are coming from, makes Central and South America look like a paradise.

Dixie
    Yes. There are benefits. There are some neighborhoods where dogs no longer run loose in the streets in my city. However, I'll have to admit they also disappear from people's yards.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Better Class of Immigrants

These new immigrants are more worthy of entry into the USA than the illegal aliens because they are in far worse economic and political situations, are showing willingness to obey our laws, and are willing to assimilate. Tolerating illegal aliens who are mostly from Latin America is racist!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast