USING RACE TO COVER OBAMA'S IGNORANCE ON CONSTITUTIONAL GOV'T.
By: Devvy Kidd
February 22, 2008
© 2008 - NewsWithViews.com

The dominant media in this country have out done themselves regarding Barack Obama. As someone who has been monitoring cable news networks and print media closely during this illusion called primaries, I am sick to death of all the attention being placed on Obama's skin color as if that somehow makes him special and deserving of extra accolades. The air waves have been filled with nothing but repetition of "An 'African-American' has a chance to win the White House." I've seen pictures of women with tears rolling down their face and the caption, "I've lived all my life to see an African-American" become our next president." And, what pray tell is that supposed to mean? Do people listen to what they're saying?

As for Obama being "African-American," do people even understand that words have meaning? African-American isn't a race. Africa is a continent. American is a nationality, like being French (France), German (Germany) or Australian (Australia). Barack Obama's father was born in Kenya; a man with a track record of being a drunk, bigot and womanizer. Not only did Barack, Sr., commit bigamy, he fathered children and basically left these families behind to pursue his own goals. His race was (deceased) Negro, not "black". Several dictionaries explain Negro as: "Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, generally marked by brown to black skin pigmentation, dark eyes, and woolly or crisp hair and including esp. the indigenous peoples of Africa south of the Sahara;. being a member of the black peoples of humankind, esp. those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa." I also found a couple of web sites that indicate Negro has been broken down by regions into different classifications of the same race. It can be confusing, but black isn't a race, it's a color.

Obama's mother was Caucasian; she is deceased. Her race was not "white." Several dictionaries give the meaning of Caucasian: "Of or relating to a racial group having white skin, especially one of European origin; white." Obama's mother was an atheist and according to a March 27, 2007, article in the Chicago Tribune: "In a recent interview, Obama called his mother "..the dominant figure in my formative years...."

Barack Obama is a mulatto. Several dictionaries define mulatto as: "The offspring of one white parent and one black parent; a person whose ancestry is a mixture of Negro and Caucasian." This designation isn't used much anymore because for a long time, a mulatto was cruelly shunned by both races. Obama seems to have a problem figuring out which race he wants to belong to:

Obama’s Identity Crisis

"Third, there is the confusing contrast between the confident, suave master politician we see on television and the tormented narrator of Dreams, who is an updated Black Pride version of the old “tragic mulattoâ€