Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UT: Local Cops As Immigration Agents?

I thought I recently read this state was pro-illegal?

http://www.kcpw.org/article/2631

Local Cops As Immigration Agents?
    Jan 11, 2007 by Bryan Schott

Proposal On Captiol Hill Would Give Police Some Immigration Powers
    A bill on Utah's Capitol Hill would allow local police officers to exercise some of the same powers as federal immigration agents. Ogden Republican Glenn Donnelson says his measure would allow local cops to report or detain people who may be violating immigration laws.
    Donnellson's measure directs the Utah Department of Public Safety to enter into an agreement with the federal Department of Homeland Security to grant those powers to Utah police officers. Donnelson says the Immigration and Naturalization Service doesn't have the manpower to have agents everywhere, and this just adds more enforcement measures.

Donnelson says many Utah law enforcement officials are greeting his proposal warmly. He adds that there are federal funds available to help fund the program.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Oh I sure hope so. Its about time UT started coming around. Hopefully this will be successfull and start a trend for other major cities in UT suffering the same problem.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

utah police - imigration control

We have due process in this country for a reason. Putting the police of Utah in any loop of control relating to immigration issues would not be right and give power, where power is not always executed properly to begin with.

Lack of proper process in our country only weakens our country.

The only reason I believe Utah authorities want this control is soley money driven. Their jail system already benefits from this, and could lead to abuses of being held indifinetly. We have elderly people that are on social services being held hostage in convalesence homes due to greed of money, with poor care and doctors not willing to release patients to family and other places more suitable. If this bill goes through there will be PEOPLE improperly HELD hostage by authorities with possible will missuse of power for sake of money and control.

INS needs to stay solely in control, and start allowing those with passports, air tickets - the means to leave on their own accord do so. NOT terrorist, but yes felons who have had enough and just want to return to their country of origin.

We have many, probably 1000's that are due to leave and live to countries they never really lived in but just happened to be born in. Many of these immigrants are legal, but loosing their status.

INS really needs to reaccess how they can be more effecient, not pass the buck to what I feel will be GREATER HARM. There are other people involved, spouses, kids, parents, siblings, relatives. There is devastation already, and further devastation of possible abuse of power is NOT the remedy. INS is well funded, but needs to think outside the box as does any government agency. Passing the buck in this country needs to stop.

Any agency that wants to hold a person usually finds the means to achieve their goal anyway - enough is enough

Protect our LIBERTY by protecting our Legal process

A TRUE BLUE AMERICAN - Born and Raised

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne. Welcome!

The only reason I believe Utah authorities want this control is soley money driven. Their jail system already benefits from this, and could lead to abuses of being held indifinetly.
    It seems to be working really well in Mecklenburg Co., NC, from what I understand. Before local lawmen depended on ICE to pick up the IAs. Now, once identified, they load them up and ship them off to ICE for deportation. Less time spent in county jail, less money out of taxpayers' pockets.

We have elderly people that are on social services being held hostage in convalesence homes due to greed of money, with poor care and doctors not willing to release patients to family and other places more suitable.
    I'm sorry if you've experienced something this horrific. Through the years, I've had family members and neighbors in nursing/convalescence homes. Although the care might not have been what I would have like, there was never any problem with them being released.

If this bill goes through there will be PEOPLE improperly HELD hostage by authorities with possible will missuse of power for sake of money and control.
    There will be ILLEGAL ALIENS held pending transport to ICE for deportation but I doubt very seriously improperly.

INS needs to stay solely in control, and start allowing those with passports, air tickets - the means to leave on their own accord do so. NOT terrorist, but yes felons who have had enough and just want to return to their country of origin.
    ICE has been in control. I wonder how many "felons" with passports left on their own accord. Very few I'd venture to guess.

We have many, probably 1000's that are due to leave and live to countries they never really lived in but just happened to be born in. Many of these immigrants are legal, but loosing their status.
    As for the 1000's illegally here being back to the country of their birth, that's as it should be.

I'd like to know more about immigrants losing their legal status. Why in the world would this happen?

Amen, sister! And proper process must begins with legal immigration.

There are other people involved, spouses, kids, parents, siblings, relatives.
    Sorry but no sympathy here. If it's such a hardship on families, it's the IAs fault for not considering the ramifications of entering the country illegally.

Any agency that wants to hold a person usually finds the means to achieve their goal anyway - enough is enough
    I believe the whole point here is SENDING THEM HOME-NOT HOLDING THEM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: utah police - imigration control

Quote Originally Posted by badenblues
    We have due process in this country for a reason. Putting the police of Utah in any loop of control relating to immigration issues would not be right and give power, where power is not always executed properly to begin with.
    That is the problem in this country. we do not have due process because the Federal governments duty to protect its' citizens at the border is not being fulfilled. Laws that are their responsibility are not being enforced against employers or the alien invaders in the interior. That is no fair to citizens and what due process is all about. Our country will become stronger at least domestically as we learn to govern ourselves locally again.

The only reason I believe Utah authorities want this control is soley money driven. Their jail system already benefits from this, and could lead to abuses of being held indifinetly. We have elderly people that are on social services being held hostage in convalesence homes due to greed of money, with poor care and doctors not willing to release patients to family and other places more suitable. If this bill goes through there will be PEOPLE improperly HELD hostage by authorities with possible will missuse of power for sake of money and control.
    You are not serious. Policing for fun and profit? Hardly likely. BTW INS was replaced years ago.

Illegal alien invaders have no status other than illegal. They should be returned to their homelands. The responsibility for their predicament lies with those that made the choice to violate the law.

INS really needs to reaccess how they can be more effecient, not pass the buck to what I feel will be GREATER HARM. There are other people involved, spouses, kids, parents, siblings, relatives. There is devastation already, and further devastation of possible abuse of power is NOT the remedy. INS is well funded, but needs to think outside the box as does any government agency. Passing the buck in this country needs to stop.
    I understand that the illegal alien advocacy preferred the Federal government's policies of non-enforcement. The buck is now stopping with our state and local governments. Stings doesn't it to have law enforcement replacing anarchy.

Protect our LIBERTY by protecting our Legal process

A TRUE BLUE AMERICAN - Born and Raised

Suzanne
    Protect OUR liberty. Deport illegal aliens. Turn back the invasion, one street, one neighborhood, one city at a time!
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am not talking about illegal aliens only. I am talking of LEGAL aliens that are being deported after living here for MOST of their life. A 25 year old here since 2 months old, being thrown out for a DUI. Or how about others after 40 years of being law abiding citizens with green cards, tax payers, being thrown out for little. Since 911 the crack down has gone to far, and yes it is destroying families. There are many people like this that are not getting a fair shake. Call your local immigration attorneys and ask them.

ICE called for a huge shake down in this area, people are being detained for long periods with little hope. These people are sitting in our jails, and our jails are profiting from this.

Our politicians are playing the American people by campaigning using the hot topics to be voted in for their own pockets. They know that the issues at hand are not always so simple but they play on our fears. This has been seen time and time again, but even more so now since 911.

There is not an easy fix. And any time there is an easy fix, there will be many wronged.

I would love to have all the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS leave our country.
    They drain resources that should be there for AMERICANS.

AS far as our elderly, my story was a very true story. It is nearly impossible to fire a doctor and they have all the power. It was rectified becasue of a NEW nurse who showed up for one (1) day, my friend and her family refer to her as the angel that saved their dad. She noticed he had pneumonia settling into his lungs and had him shipped to a good hospital, this only because there usual hospital that day was over run. The doctor at the hospital, became the doctor of record because he had him admitted overnight. The doctor could see the abuse and met with the family and asked is there somewhere else he can go. THIS IS A REAL DEAL. THIS IS ONE OF many stories of ABUSES taking place in our medicare system and convalecent care facilities.

Passing the buck, well I have watched politicians pass the buck between the republicans and the democrats. Schools pass the buck between the parents, teachers and administration, and now the student. I go to the store and watch employees pass the buck to one another at my expense. Friends pass the buck on freinds. PASSING THE BUCK IN GENERAL NEEDS TO STOP - there is no integrity in passing the buck.

INS wanted everyone hauled in no matter. If they were stupid enough to call for that, then they should deal with it.

A Border patrol agent was being fired upon, but he was not supposed to defend his life. Well he did and fired back. The mexican injured was apologized to and the agent is now facing charges and his buddy was killed that day. This is a real deal! Read the news! We can call for things we want - but our government must back what we call for or it will run amuck. The border thing is not happening properly and is running amuck partly because our politicians vie for votes and feel the need to be politically correct.

Mexico is slowly overwhelming California and taking seats in our politcal arena.

Why in New Jersey did they just recently OUTLAW the teaching of Veterans Day, Memorial Day and I believe they are now talking of throwing in Thanksgiving. These are key days - they are days we honor those who fought so we could speak english NOT german, thats just the beginning.... we can go on.

Why are our politicians trying to be so politically correct. You can not be politically correct without throwing out our FREEDOM.

The flag situation on a lamp pole in orangevale, California (near Sacramento) Neightbors wanted the AMERICAN flag in their neighborhood so they got together and said, hey lets put a few on lamp poles. Well a neighbor complained. Yes one person and the county was all over it. The county says they could be sued if someone fell off the step ladder and hurt themselves on the sidewalk and so on. IRONICALLY, the person who complained had a heavy foreign accent. Probably a green card holder that resents our flag. But, we must be politcally correct. I HOPE THEY CONTINUE TO REFUSE TO REMOVE THE FLAG. The gentleman that spear headed this was facing a fine of $2500.00 a day.

There are things happening ALL at once that are threatening our freedoms. Our politicans are skeptical to some extent in handing over so much control to local authorities. Our local taxes in California were hijacked to the State General fund years back. Local funds that are paid by me are not being completely realized where needed. We need our cops and jails to deal with our communities, not who is leagal and who is not. For, the most part the migrant worker in California, are scared to break the law. Yes some do break laws blatantly, but for the most part they keep to themselves, humble and scared. And, again I agree they need to go home and something needs to be done.

INS needs to step up to the plate and deal with the pandora's box they opened. The Social Security administration 8 years ago started a new task force. When an employer hire a new person they had to call Social Secuirty and give the card number and name. Well I did that... and the numbers belonged to a little girl NOT Jose Marie. I shall never forget that day. I had 5 or 6 new hires, all of whom were Union Card holders and 4 or 5 were illegal. I asked the girl on the phone at Soc. Sec. Administration. Great I will just fire all of them today. She states, "oh no you cannot do that". I talk to higher ups, same story, yet my company faced possible fines. I asked what was the point of this exercise and no one could answer. WHAT IS GOING ON! Our government has run amuck and will continue so long as our politicans play on our fears for a vote.

Lastly, there are those, who are waiting to return to their countries, and will return especially when the country the are going to is similar to ours. So, this IS NOT JUST MEXICANS here illegally. The picture is much larger than that.

Answers need to be found - but are not as easy as one would think. We need to go back and start with the President, the Senate and the House. A plan must be fostered reaching into ALL of our branches of Government that is clear and concise with this issue. Until ALL BRANCHES of governemnt are considered with a well thought out plan, rather than band aids, I will not support the leaf. Lets get the tree put together first then decide where the leafs shall be.

Suzanne