Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Utah/Oregon Take Steps: Stop Illegals from Getting Licenses

House votes to repeal driving privilege cards

Associated Press - February 11, 2008 2:15 PM ET

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - The Utah House voted to repeal a driving card issued to illegal immigrants.

Rep. Glenn Donnelson, a Republican from North Ogden, says the cards are a threat to national security. The cards allow an illegal immigrant to drive and obtain insurance in Utah.

On Monday, the House voted 39-35 to kill the cards. House Bill 239 now moves to the Senate, where another close vote is expected.

A recent state audit showed the number of people possessing a card continues to rise, and three-quarters have insurance. Nearly 35,000 cards have been issued since the law began two years ago.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story. ... =menu554_2

Senate backs tougher rules for Ore. driver's licenses
    2/11/2008, 9:47 a.m. PSTThe Associated Press

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — The Oregon Senate has approved a bill that would require proof of legal U.S. residence to get a driver's license in the state.

It also limits the validity of Oregon licenses to the length of the applicant's authorized stay.

The measure now goes to the House.

Backers of the measure say Oregon's loose rules have made the state a target for noncitizens who seek to obtain identification cards for "nefarious" purposes.

Several senators who voted "no" say the requirement will create hardships for many undocumented workers and force them to drive unlicensed with no insurance.

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/reg ... st=orlocal

This is all great news -- now, can we get down to the business of shutting down these DAMN employers who employ them?

I mean, cool -- they can't drive. But they can still walk and take the bus to work.

It's the JOBS we need to do away with, not just the drivers licenses.

Great new another small step for man kind in America....but yes we need to take away the jobs!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Moving from General Discussion to News since this is from a News source.
    Also, related article at:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-102396-gle ... +donnelson
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wish I could get excited about this but I won't until our stupid governor Huntsman signs the bill.
    It is rumored here that it will be a close vote in the Senate as well, but I really doubt it will get passed Huntsman. This idiot is endorsing mclamebrain mccain!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I wish I could get excited about this but I won't until our stupid governor Huntsman signs the bill.
    It is rumored here that it will be a close vote in the Senate as well, but I really doubt it will get passed Huntsman. This idiot is endorsing mclamebrain mccain!
    Maybe you should write some enlightening opinions about him "sippy" and put it in a few of the local papers around utah!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Called Huntsman. Asked for "no veto" of bill.

I agree, Sippy. I remember when Vicente Fox came to visit awhile back and one of his first stops was to see Huntsman. I think it is only obvious that Fox was lobbying Huntsman to keep Utah open to illegal invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Maybe you should write some enlightening opinions about him "sippy" and put it in a few of the local papers around utah!!
    SoSad, they probably used all of the paper from the fax barrage they all have been receiving from me to help finish the capitol building renovations without using cheap illegal labor! Well, it's a good guess anyway! I'm sure they all know my number and voice by now with as many times as I've called on this one.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast