Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VA: Immigration debate fades as issue this GA session

Feb 1, 2009

Immigration debate fades as issue this GA session

RICHMOND

As a wedge issue in Virginia politics, illegal immigration is so 2008 .

A topic that once packed hearing rooms and sparked fierce debate in state government corridors barely registers today.

To some political activists, the diminished attention is a sign the issue has been worked over like a battered piñata emptied of its rewards.

About 130 immigration-related bills were introduced last year; about 30 were proposed this year, said Claire Guthrie Gastañaga , a longtime lobbyist for Latino issues.

“Political issues have a kind of product development curve, and this one peaked,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Obama wants to rebuild roads and infastructure to create jobs.
    Billions will be spent on this.
    Nice way to keep illegals employed.
    They are usually the ones i see working construction these days.
    Be my guess that no one thought to put a clause in the infastucture work that contractors have to be American citizens and their employees.
    Will anyone be checking?
    I doubt it!

Every time I see a road crew with immigrants I call the State Attorney General and report it. Then I get connected to the Department of Transportation, DOT, for them to check it out. And there is always a State Project Manager in the area to check on a problem. In NC why isn't these immigrants being E-Verified?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)