Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VA -Prince William County files suit over illegal immigratio

The States need to sue also.....

Prince William County files suit over illegal immigration case
    By: Keith Walker
    Published: August 04, 2011
    Updated: August 04, 2011 - 12:30 PM

PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va. --
    Prince William County filed a lawsuit today against the Department of Homeland Security, according to a county press release.

In 2007 the Prince William Board of County Supervisors passed an ordinance that requires county police officers to check the immigration status of anyone they arrest.

If police find that they have arrested someone who is in the country illegally, they turn that person over to the department for deportation.

To date the county has turned over more that 4,000 people over to DHS, the release stated.

After Carlos Martinelly Montano was charged in Aug. 2010 with killing a Benedictine nun while driving drunk in Prince William County, county officials became concerned that department was releasing illegal immigrants back into the community.

Police records show that Montano was previously convicted of drunken driving, identified as an illegal immigrant, handed over to DHS for deportation, subsequently released and was then given an employment authorization card, according to the release.

When county officials discovered Montano’s record and learned that the department had failed to deport him, they became concerned that other criminal illegal immigrants may also have been released.

After the crash, the county made two separate Freedom of Information Act requests seeking records that disclosed the disposition of the people who police had turned over the department.

The requests went unanswered, so the county sued the department.

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/au ... r-1218019/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Wow newmexican, we must have posted this at the same time.

I will delete mine

Banned
    This is great news. Hope they win and I hope MANY county's across the U.S. will follow suit.

Go Prince William county!!

Im with you One nation Under god
    I hope they win
    Good Luck Prince William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

subsequently released and was then given an employment authorization card
    Did I miss that little tidbit before? They gave him a work authorization card???? WTF!

nomas wrote:

Quote:
    subsequently released and was then given an employment authorization card

Did I miss that little tidbit before? They gave him a work authorization card???? V****V!
    Of course they gave him a work authorization. How else do you expect him to obtain a car and alcohol?

I am glad that the County is suing. I always wonder why people injured by drunk drivers do not sue the employer for hiring the illegal. In this case, I am sure that the Catholic Church would not sue over a nun because it would go against their policy of encouraging the criminals.

OneNationUnderGod wrote:

I will delete mine
    We must REALLY be on the same page!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just found there's more to that article:

The requests went unanswered, so the county sued the department.

Police say that Montano was driving the car that crashed into a car carrying three nuns, killing Sister Denise Mosier, 66, and seriously injuring fellow nuns Charlotte Lange, 75, and Connie Ruth Lupton, 70.

The nuns lived in Richmond, but were associated with the Linton Hall School in Bristow, which is operated by the Benedictine Sisters Monastery, and also associated with St. Gertrude’s in Richmond.

At the time of the accident Montano, of 12760 Merrymont Lane in Bristow, was charged with involuntary manslaughter, drunken driving as a third offense in five years and felony driving on a revoked license.

Montano was later charged with felony murder, according to court records. If convicted, he could face up to 40 years in prison.

Montano is scheduled for a six-day jury trial beginning Oct. 31.

Prince William County Chairman Corey A. Stewart said this is the second time the county has sued the department over.

In March, the county sued to get the department to turn over facts surrounding the Montano case.

This most recent lawsuit is for information regarding other illegal immigrants who have been handed over to the department, Stewart said.

“We wanted to know how it was they released Montano. Now we’re suing them over the disposition of the other 4,000 illegals that we’ve handed over to them since 2007,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    OneNationUnderGod wrote:

I will delete mine
    We must REALLY be on the same page!!
    I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast