Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Vandals Tag 20 homes

Hope this wasn't posted befor.....

Vandals tag 20 homes
    POSEN | Gang symbols also mar school, vehicles; residents jittery

January 28, 2008
    BY COURTNEY GREVE SouthtownStar
    A rash of gang symbols spray-painted on more than 20 homes and a school in Posen early Sunday rattled some residents, afraid of the growing gang presence in their community.

Signs of the Latin Kings were sprawled in black paint across homes, vehicles, fences and garages throughout the village and prominently along 145th Street, a busy residential cut-through for the town of fewer than 5,000 residents.

The former St. Stanislaus School was also tagged with graffiti. The words and symbols are unintelligible to most but part of a gang language used to mark territory.

The home of Ignacio Carrillo, a Mexican-born American citizen, was among the hardest hit.

Vandals tagged the brick and siding of his split-level home, his pickup truck and sport-utility vehicle, and his fence and garage.

"It's being done by my own people, and I'm really disappointed," Carrillo said as his wife scrubbed the glass storm door clean with paint thinner.

"Some people have no heart, no brain, no class whatsoever," he said. "They don't belong here. And then people wonder why some [Americans] don't want us to live here"

Carrillo said that last month, police charged his son with tagging a neighbor's garage, but the father of two and his son said the officers were mistaken.

"I would never [do graffiti]," said Ricardo Carrillo, a Bremen High School senior. "Gang-bangers make the rest of us [Latinos] look bad."

Neighbor Rich Burrell, a recent Bremen grad, said he does not think Carrillo is responsible for the graffiti that has appeared on his garage three times in the last two months.

"There are so many gangs around here now, and I don't think the cops have the manpower to keep up," he said.

'We need to take a stand'
    Burrell's biggest concern is that this latest graffiti splash will kill a deal to sell his home after more than a year on the market.

"I don't want the new homeowners to drive by and think, 'What have we gotten ourselves into?' " he said.

The Cook County sheriff's police graffiti removal team will assist in the cleanup. In the past, Burrell said, the team has arrived at his house within a week.

Posen police Cpl. Bill Alexander said more than 20 homes were hit, but he declined to be more specific or provide other details about the investigation. Alexander said the police chief will issue a statement today.

John and Deana DellaCosta didn't wake up to find graffiti on their house, but they were angered by the strike on their hometown. Saying they don't see enough police presence at night, the DellaCostas want to start a neighborhood watch program.

"I'm fed up," said John DellaCosta, a truck driver and lifelong Posen resident.

"People are getting scared," his wife added. "It's our neighborhood. We need to take a stand for it."

Sun-Times News Group

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/7626 ... 8.article#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for this, crazybird! The timing was perfect! I am in another forum arguing with this Latino man about their wonderful "culture" of gangs, unwed pregnant teenagers, Latino-on-Latino crime, etc. He blasted me of course for this. So I sent him the link to your article.

My point to him is that we non-Latinos have nothing to do with their disgusting cultural image. They are doing it to themselves. We are just reacting to what we see.

So your article was a perfect TRUE FACTUAL account that justifies my argument. Thanks!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Hey Crazybird:

Posen is right next to Harvey which is infested with gangs, drugs and illegal aliens. So is Markham and Dolton.

Posen was once a sleepy community of well kept bungalows. Sounds like its going down the tubes with the rest of the south burbs. What a shame . . .
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Ex_OC

Don't forget to send your "friend" a link to www.dontspeakforme.org

It's being done by my own people, and I'm really disappointed," Carrillo said as his wife scrubbed the glass storm door clean with paint thinner.

"Some people have no heart, no brain, no class whatsoever," he said. "They don't belong here. And then people wonder why some [Americans] don't want us to live here"

This is 100% true. It's too bad that many latinos/latinas still see this as a racial issue as opposed to a sovereignty, safety, quality of life issue that impacts ALL AMERICANS irrespective of race ,creed or religion.

The sooner this is realized, the sooner we can solve this problem. Unfortunately, we have those will advocate vigorously on behalf of the illegal invader simply because they happen to be of the same race.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have had some big problems with graffiti. Here is a link for pictures of a school that was recently tagged. The Suenos 13, or something like that.

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n120 ... %20School/

So they tag about love eh

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    It's being done by my own people, and I'm really disappointed," Carrillo said as his wife scrubbed the glass storm door clean with paint thinner.

This is 100% true. It's too bad that many latinos/latinas still see this as a racial issue as opposed to a sovereignty, safety, quality of life issue that impacts ALL AMERICANS irrespective of race ,creed or religion.

The sooner this is realized, the sooner we can solve this problem. Unfortunately, we have those will advocate vigorously on behalf of the illegal invader simply because they happen to be of the same race.
    Those people that do not agree with it need, no, have to speak up. That is one of my biggest issues with the pro-illegal groups is that they never seem to stand up against this stuff.

A year and a half a go I went to buy a house (no arm thank you) and the house I was going to do a walk through with was tagged the night before. I believe someone saw me looking over the house and was trying to keep me out because of my ethnicity. Because I have a daughter, I stopped looking at the house. A part of me regrets that decision because I let them bully me.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

Those people that do not agree with it need, no, have to speak up. That is one of my biggest issues with the pro-illegal groups is that they never seem to stand up against this stuff.

A year and a half a go I went to buy a house (no arm thank you) and the house I was going to do a walk through with was tagged the night before. I believe someone saw me looking over the house and was trying to keep me out because of my ethnicity. Because I have a daughter, I stopped looking at the house. A part of me regrets that decision because I let them bully me.
    No, ArticleIV, you did not let them bully you. You were protecting your daughter. So don't be hard on yourself. It's a matter of looking at the glass half full or half empty. I would have done the same as you.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.