Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Venezuela: The Building Of A People’s Democracy

http://upsidedownworld.org/main/content/view/107/1/

Venezuela: The Building Of A People’s Democracy

Written by Greg Rosenthal
    Wednesday, 26 October 2005
    Pro-Chavez CrowdFollowing the example of Cuba’s humanist approach to guaranteeing its people the right to quality education and healthcare, Venezuela has embarked upon a historical mission to eliminate poverty in a country where nearly 70% of the population is poor. As Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez consistently reiterates, the only way to end poverty is to empower the poor and marginalized.

Any country in the Global South, with the interest to actively fight poverty by defying the interests of multinational corporations, wealthy elites, and neo-liberal capitalism, are certain to have many enemies, both domestic and international. Yet the Chavez government, despite persistent threats from the ‘Bolivarian revolution’s’ powerful opponents, continues to make progress in redistributing the country’s oil wealth to provide much-needed services to the poorest communities.

The collection of articles in the book, The Venezuela Reader: The Building Of A People’s Democracy, edited by Olivia Burlingame Goumbri, has successfully grasped and articulated the complexity of life in Venezuela. Most notably, The Venezuela Reader highlights the substantial accomplishments of the ‘Bolivarian Revolution’ through its new Constitution and social ‘Missions’ that serve the poor. In addition, this book has captured the enormity of the opposition to Chavez and the ‘Bolivarian Revolution’. The articles bring to life the opposition who privately control nearly all of the media, have high positions within Venezuela’s oil company, and are receiving support and collaboration from the United States government. The value of the book is its ability to critically incorporate these two opposing elements and how they play out in today’s Venezuela.

The first section of this book sets out to highlight how the Bolivarian Constitutionâ€â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Shame, Shame, Shame on the USA!!

How dare this Wackident interefere with Venezuela's development?

This is a disgrace.

National Endowment for Democracy needs to be SHUT DOWN and their operators and funders sent to jail.

Well I guess this explains where Christian Pat Robertson stands huh wanting to assassinate Chavez, a man doing remarkable things seems to me to ensure the advancement of the his People.

How could Pat Robertson get so far off track from his Christian Mission?

Oh....right.....the influence of the Wackident.

Impeach the Wackident and fire all his Wackateers!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How could Pat Robertson get so far off track from his Christian Mission?

The guy isn't a Christian, I define him as a deceiver to real Christians, and as a simple FREAK to unbelievers. The man is pure POISON! g

Hmmm. A "christian" with a money agenda. I think his 700 Club collects a lot of money. I used to like him...not a fan...but generally thought he was an okay person....until the Chavez Assassination Insinuration Debacle.

Lord help us, WE don't really know any of these people we used to admire or at least thought we "okay".

You know that book, "I'm Okay, You're Okay".

WE have got to totally RE-THINK that one.

Geeezzzz.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does it seem odd that a dictatorship seems to be turning democratic and the U.S is trying to stop it?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Oh yes, veeery odd indeed!!

So, what in the WORLD is going on? Another oil country we're "itchin" to invade, conquer and squander?

I would expect.