Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Verbal sparring over citizenship leads to shooting ASHEVILLE

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs. ... 6305150001
    Verbal sparring over citizenship leads to shooting (updated with 911 calls)
    by Staff Reports
    updated May 15, 2006 3:39 pm
    Reader Feedback: Read 3 comments | Comment on this article | Register here

ASHEVILLE – A parting gunshot from a vehicle leaving Waffle House in West Asheville shattered a window and caused a minor injury, police said.

The shooting happened around 3:00 a.m. Saturday after a group of whites argued with a group of Hispanics at the 24-hour restaurant on Smokey Park Highway, Asheville police Lt. Wallace Welch said.

“The two groups were jawing back and forth with each other over citizenship issues and whatnot,” Welch said.

As the Hispanic group drove off, someone in the vehicle fired at least once into a large window near the front door, he said.

Whether from a ricocheted bullet or flying glass, Welch said, one man’s arm was bleeding when police arrived. He declined medical treatment.

Police were looking for a white Dodge Intrepid that left the restaurant going west.

Multimedia
    audio The first 911 call was made around 3:07 a.m. following the shooting at the Waffle House on Smokey Park Highway.(488 KB)
    audio One person was shot at the Waffle House on Smokey Park Hwy on Saturday night. The injured person was disoriented and listed the wrong location when he called 911 at 3:07 a.m. (Warning: This audio contains language that may be offensive.)(456 KB)
    audio A final call was made at 3:10 a.m. following the shooting at the Waffle House on Smokey Park Hwy. Saturday morning.(282 KB)
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I really hope this is treated as a hate crime.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I live in Asheville and this is the only report I've seen on this incident. What's going on with the media?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Wavtek, it was on the news last night but they only quickly mentioned it. they said nothing about the illegal allien debate.

Sorry I posted this here, it was posted under general disscussions at

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-27262.html

Sure it will be a hate crime... against the evil white boys that inflamed the Hispanics to act so out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    Sure it will be a hate crime... against the evil white boys that inflamed the Hispanics to act so out of character.
    Yep you are most likely correct.

Here is what someone posted on the Asheville Forum in response to this:

http://www.citizen-times.net/cgi-bin/fo ... 1147723287
    wineman

The problem we'll be experiencing, I fear, will be people acting as vigilantes. They will feel the need to take foreign and national policy into their own hands, and being "true Americans", they will go around goading foreign looking people into fights....Regardless of how you feel about the illegals, Mr John Q. Citizen can't take the law into his own hands. If one feels something or someone is illegal, call the police.