Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very compelling argument from one who knows.

We are NOT ALL immigrants!
    http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/
    Native America speaks

Native Americans (or American Indians) are insulted every time we hear our President, Congressmen and Representatives and our fellow citizens say the phrase, "We are ALL immigrants"!

Have you forgotten this entire continent was occupied with Indians when the first Europeans came to this continent? Do you remember what we did when you first arrived? We fed you and taught you how to live on this land. We healed you and shared with you. As your population grew and you began to push us off our land, we began our fight for this continent. We were murdered by the masses, but we were conquered. Now we still live here today and we feel this is our nation because we love it as much as anyone can love a nation.

At least we Native Americans did put up a fight! This continent is again being overrun by a new people. We are feeding them, we are healing them, we are educating them. They are growing ever stronger and now they are demanding a voice. They want rights as illegals! They will only demand more and more. When will our America begin to fight? Are we to continue to welcome these people and give away everything that we have all fought for, died for, and worked for?

Why is everyone opposed to a fence? It sends the wrong message? Are we too timid to say, "We don't want illegals!"? Illegal means unlawful. Why is it wrong to say that? Can't you see that if nothing is done, we will re-visit this problem in 10 years, then in 20 years, will it take 50 years before we are ready to put up a fence? Can't you see that will ultimately have to be done? Must we have a civil war before we get serious about this problem?

Please, learn from us. If you don't want to be living under the Mexican flag, if you don't want our country to become impoverished, please fight for what we have. And please remember: "We Natives are not all dead, and We Are Not ALL Immigrants"!

My Ancestors Weren't Immigrants Either

I am African-American, and my ancestors came to this country as slaves. How dare these radical Mexicans compare their disrespectful ranting to the Civil Rights movement of my parents and grandparents!

I'm glad to see a Native American speaking up. I had read somewhere that their alliance is with the American people, not the illegal invaders
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"