Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Vet called terrorist for burning Mexican flag amnesty illega

Vet called terrorist for burning Mexican flag
    Was protesting bill giving amnesty to millions of illegal aliens
    --San Antonio Express-News

Flag-burning man sues city

comments 64
    Recommend 2
    By Guillermo Contreras - Express-News

A Hondo man who was cited for burning the Mexican flag in front of the Alamo is suing the city of San Antonio, park rangers and The Daughters of the Republic of Texas over the matter.

David Bohmfalk, 48, claims he burned the flag on May 17, 2007, to protest a Senate bill that would have given amnesty to millions of unauthorized immigrants. The measure did not become law.

His lawsuit, moved Friday to federal court from state court, alleges rangers with the Alamo and the city violated his First Amendment right to free speech.

The suit alleges false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress. It seeks unspecified compensatory and exemplary damages.

The officers, the suit said, detained Bohmfalk more than an hour and called him a terrorist before deciding to cite him with illegal burning without a permit, a misdemeanor.

Bohmfalk, a disabled veteran and former police chief of Bracketville, tried to get a permit, but the city does not issue permits for flag burning, said his lawyer, Jason Jakob. Jakob also said even though the flag was not an American flag, activity the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled is constitutionally protected free speech, does not matter.

In court-filed responses, lawyers for the city and the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, which operates the Alamo, deny most of the allegations.

The city in October 2007 backed away from collecting a $198 fine from Bohmfalk. Prosecutors dismissed the charge once Bohmfalk made a public plea and the case received national attention.

The suit said that while Bohmfalk was detained by Alamo rangers, city park rangers arrived and began discussing what felony they could charge him with. They called him a “domestic terroristâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I attempt to access the link I receive a message "Can not open the site". I can go to the main news page put every time I click on the story I receive the same error message.

In the meantime...illegal aliens ILLEGALLY PROTEST OUR GOVERNMENT AND LAWS ON OUR STREETS, wipe their butts on the American Flag, set it on fire, stomp on it and drag it through the gutter and NOTHING is done to them! Anyone else wondering why?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    When I attempt to access the link I receive a message "Can not open the site". I can go to the main news page put every time I click on the story I receive the same error message.
    Try the link again. I just got in with no problem. Americans are still pretty po'd about this, judging from the comments.

Sorry, if burning an American flag in the U.S. is protected under "free speech," then so is burning a foreign flag. The guy's got a great case; enough of the double standards.

I did a search on this guy's last name here at ALIPAC and these are the background articles.

Thus, the power of ALIPAC's extensive archives!

American Hero Who Set Fire to Mexican Flag Charged With Burning Rubbish!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-86311-bohmfalk.html

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Mexico is our enemy and this brave Veteran knows it.

The Veteran is only doing what ALL Americans should be doing, protesting and burning the flag of Mexico whenever possible.

RUBBISH, that is perfect!

Only "illegals" have rights!
    Obama is taking all Americans rights away and upping the illegals rights.
    Since he is an illegal, it seems fit!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    RUBBISH, that is perfect!
    That's the only part the police department got right...the MEXICAN FLAG IS RUBBISH. They are completely behind this invasion and occupation of the USA by Mexican citizens and drug cartels and the Mexican government needs to be held completely responsible.

I believe sanctions that we've held against Cuba for all these years need to be put on Mexico also. They need to straighten their act out NOW!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)