Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Villaraigosa calls on Congress to pass Dream Act

Villaraigosa calls on Congress to pass Dream Act as way for thousands to shed illegal immigrant status

September 20, 2010 | 3:10 pm

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa added his voice Monday to those of a number of elected officials, labor leaders and others supporting the so-called Dream Act, federal legislation that would provide a path to legal status for hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants who arrived in the United States as youngsters.

The act, which is expected to be considered by the U.S. Senate on Tuesday, would benefit those who came to this country before age 16, have lived here for at least five years and have achieved a high school degree or an equivalency degree. Those eligible would be able to legalize their status by pursuing a college education or serving in the U.S. military.

Supporters call the bill a humanitarian and practical solution for multitudes of largely assimilated young immigrants who have known no other home and have already benefited from a U.S. education. Critics call it a thinly disguised amnesty for law-breakers. The proposal faces an uphill battle in Congress, where immigration is a politically charged issue.

Passage of the Dream Act would provide “a great return on money we’ve already invested, and it encourages economic growth,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

go to hell Mayor.

OH WAIT, i forgot, your already there, your in Los Angeles. the illegal alien capital of the US

Banned
    Is he still the Mayor What a sickening Individual. I put him right along side Geraldo,and Luis Gutierrez. THE THREE STOOGES

Banned
    Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa ,
    "YOU ARE.... "ONE" OF THE MOST HORRIBLE CLOWNS OF THE WEEK"!
    Get over your idiotic, racist agenda.
    America, which last time I checked L.A for now is a city included.
    rejects illegal aliens and the priority you obviously give them.
    We have had enough. I hope L.A kicks you to the curb.And put
    Previously gang banger, always corrupt, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Is he still the Mayor :?: :lol: :lol: What a sickening Individual. I put him right along side Geraldo,and Luis Gutierrez. THE THREE STOOGES :lol: :lol:
    He was elected on May 17, 2005, defeating incumbent mayor James Hahn, and then re-elected for a second term in 2009.
    Looks like he will be around for a while.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hear a sucking sound for federal tax dollars.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn