Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Virginia - Good article with quotes from VA legislators

There is a good article, From Goode to Goodlatte by Steven Sisson in The Augusta Free Press (an online publication that serves more than a quarter of a million residents of the Central Shenandoah Valley and Central Virginia).

The title refers to Congressmen Bob Goodlatte-R (VA-06) and Virgil Goode-R (VA-05) and their strong support of stopping the illegal immigration flood.

Sixth District Rep. Bob Goodlatte recently wrote, "A recent study found that there are over 5 million, and possibly as many as 10 million, illegal aliens currently living in the United States. This population grows by over 350,000 each year."

"Clearly, this situation has reached crisis proportions and cannot be allowed to continue."

In February, the Real ID Act (HR 41 passed the House by a 261-161 vote. Currently, the legislation is sitting in a Senate committee. Both Goodlatte and Fifth District Rep. Virgil Goode supported the bill along with the GOP majority and 42 House Democrats.
    Recently, Goodlatte reintroduced legislation to eliminate the federal visa-lottery program. The legislation eliminates the visa-lottery that allows 50,000 foreign aliens to become legal residents.

"It's a permanent residency crapshoot with no rules", the visa applicants don't need to have a sponsoring family member or employer.
    Goodlatte wrote, "The visa lottery is flawed policy and is foolish in the age in which we live. Those in the world who wish us harm can easily engage in this statistical gamble with nothing to lose. Our immigration policy should be based primarily on our national security and economic needs, and not on arbitrary systems lacking basic safeguards."

For the record, Goodlatte says the visa lottery "poses a national-security threat."
    Virginia is 1 of only 2 states (NJ is the other state) that will elect a new Governor is 2005 - I anticipate Illegal Immigration will become an issue in this race. The overwhelming favorite to win the Republican nomination is Jerry Kilgore, he was VA's Attorney General until February when he stepped down to campaign full time, he was quoted too:

"I applaud the House of Representatives for recognizing and approving this common-sense legislation as an added tool in our homeland security efforts," Kilgore said.

"Following 9/11, and learning that seven of the 19 terrorist hijackers who were the evil masterminds of this tragedy illegally obtained Virginia drivers' licenses, we recognized the need for this added security measure for improvement of the public safety of our citizens, and today the House of Representatives has as well," Kilgore said.
    -----

I am fortunate enough to live in Virginias First District so my rep is Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis; she is a member of the Immigration Reform Caucus, pro-life, smart and strong!

Sheila

DC wrote
    Virginia is 1 of only 2 states (NJ is the other state) that will elect a new Governor is 2005 - I anticipate Illegal Immigration will become an issue in this race. The overwhelming favorite to win the Republican nomination is Jerry Kilgore, he was VA's Attorney General until February when he stepped down to campaign full time, he was quoted too:
    PLEASE.......put me out of my misery here in NJ right now

btw, my district Rep. Scott Garrett is the only one with Tom Tancredo in the state of NJ. Only one! I feel like a duck with a bullseye tatooed to my forehead.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    DC wrote
    PLEASE.......put me out of my misery here in NJ right now

btw, my district Rep. Scott Garrett is the only one with Tom Tancredo in the state of NJ. Only one! I feel like a duck with a bullseye tatooed to my forehead.
    Your forgetting some more reps that are with you. Michael Ferguson, Rodney Frelinghuysen, Jim Saxton and Frank Lobiondo are very good too. Is that accurate that VA will have a new governor in 2005? I thought it was 2006. I sure do hope that Jerry Kilgore wins.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DMAN
    Have those guys recently turned the corner? I don't remember them on Tancredo's list. Will have to check again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    DMAN
    Have those guys recently turned the corner? I don't remember them on Tancredo's list. Will have to check again.
    You mean the immigration reform caucus? Just because they aren't on the list doesn't mean they aren't good. Alot of politicans can't get on that list because they're already on several committees or chairs. I checked their records and they are A's and B's on immigration so that means they are with us. It's the ones with the C's and lower that I worry about.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DMAN wrote
    You mean the immigration reform caucus?
    Yes. The caucus is separate and any of them can join. It doesn't interfere with their chairs. Tancredo needs every person he can get to grow their power. Until this caucus get stronger the powers that be will continue to treat him/them as non entities. {imo} It takes courage to make this stand and many of them don't want to take the chance of angering the administration.

Thankfully yes, in Virginia we will boot Mark Warner from our Governors mansion this November! Virginia does not allow Governors to serve consecutive terms, they can however serve a second term after leaving office for a term (4 years).

Jerry Kilgore WILL win on November 8, 2005, we simply cannot survive another Tax & Spend, OBL Dem Governor!

_____

DEMAND that YOUR Congressman/woman join the Immigration Reform Caucus, by doing so "they put their money where their mouth is"!

~Sheila