Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visit Sue Myrick's uncut and unedited "Vote 2006"

Visit Sue Myrick's uncut and unedited "Vote 2006"

http://www.suemyrick.com/site/PageServer
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Yeah..... Give em hell Sue.

Thanks for posting this ruth.

Grab the bull by the horns. Common sense indeed! Obviously a true leader...

Vote For Sue Myrick!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Talk is cheap. I still remember her vote in support of CAFTA.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    just as HASTERT, JP.
    These people helped to move us closer to Open Borders!! They need to take the heat now
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    just as HASTERT, JP.
    These people helped to move us closer to Open Borders!! They need to take the heat now

And she has still not called me as promised by her aide. Glad I didnt hold my breath.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Talk is cheap
    You think she is just tap dancing? Not living in NC I am not real familiar with her so I don't know.

However her recent voting on immigration is as strong as anybodies. It does appear she was in fact weak on certain aspects of immigration such as foreign workers up until a few years ago but even her "long term" record is a pretty solid "B" according to Numbers.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

She does have a fairly good record with immigration, but when she supports legislation like CAFTA which opens our borders, it makes me wonder. I expressed this to her at her town hall meeting and was quickly brushed off by her.

I guess if she is better than her opponent on the immigration issue, I would begrudgingly support her.

Sue Myrick for President 2008!
    D.W.

MW
    Sue Myrick has probably done more to to fight illegal immigration in North Carolina as anyone in the state.

Myrick aims to protect numbers

TIM FUNK AND LIZ CHANDLER
    tfunk@charlotteobserver.com | lchandler@charlotteobserver.com

U.S. worker verification system busier
    Two held in possible conterfeiting ring
    Full Series | Hiding in Plain Sight

WASHINGTON - Rep. Sue Myrick, R-N.C., said Wednesday she'll introduce bills requiring the Social Security Administration to notify immigration officials -- and any affected legal U.S. resident -- whenever more than one person uses a Social Security number.

The legislation, which would also police fake Social Security numbers used by illegal workers and the companies that hire them. It is designed to close a loophole that allows Social Security and the IRS to keep secret mountains of evidence of immigration fraud.

"Millions of Americans had their (Social Security) cards used by illegal aliens," said Myrick, a six-term GOP congresswoman from Charlotte. "But the bureaucrats at the Social Security Administration don't tell these Americans. Their ID gets stolen and they are left in the dark."

Myrick also plans to introduce a bill to prevent contractors from knowingly employing illegal immigrants on highway and other projects that receive tax money. The project's federal funding would stop and the contractor wouldn't be eligible for federal contracts for two years.

Myrick said she was reacting to an investigation by The Charlotte Observer that said possibly several million immigrants here illegally have hijacked Social Security numbers -- and that federal agencies alerted none of the victims.

The newspaper also found that illegal immigrants, using Social Security numbers that are fake or assigned to other people, have been paid tax dollars to build N.C. roads.

The Observer also contacted five people whose Social Security numbers showed up on payrolls for workers with different names at several N.C. construction companies.

The Department of Homeland Security, which oversees immigration enforcement, is helping Myrick's staff draft the legislation. The federal agency hopes more sharing of information from the IRS and Social Security will make it easier to flag companies that report hiring great numbers of workers whose names and numbers don't match Social Security records. Homeland Security also wants to know whether the companies are engaged in businesses that pose a broader security threat, such as to airports, seaports, and nuclear or chemical plants.

Myrick, who's still looking for co-sponsors, sent "Dear Colleague" letters -- and copies of an Observer article -- to fellow House members Tuesday.

Topping her letter, in big red letters, was this message: "Your Constituent's Social Security Number May be in Danger!!!"

Myrick is a possible candidate for N.C. governor in 2008 who has made getting tough on illegal immigration her signature issue in the past few years. In December, she persuaded House leaders to allow a vote on her proposal to deport illegal immigrants convicted of driving drunk. It passed, becoming part of the House's main immigration bill.

In the Senate's current immigration reform bill, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, has included a plan that allows the sharing of information on the most egregious examples of employers who submit inaccurate information about their workers.

Grassley says the IRS could share selected information that would not violate the protection Americans expect. That would include names of employers who had more than 100 employees with names and numbers that do not match Social Security records, and names of employers who used the same Social Security number for 10 or more employees.

IRS and Social Security officials said Wednesday their hands are tied by federal tax codes that promise protection of taxpayer information.

"We could not arbitrarily do this on our own," said Social Security spokesman Mark Lassiter. "This is an issue that Congress will have to decide."

If the law is changed, Lassiter added, his agency will need more federal dollars to cover costs of analyzing data to pinpoint unauthorized workers and then sending letters to millions of people whose Social Security numbers are being used by others.

Wednesday, Myrick predicted the costs would be minimal.

Myrick said she hopes to get a vote on her legislation this year. But it could stir opposition from privacy advocates such as the American Civil Liberties Union.

An ACLU official said Wednesday that his group sees little problem with requiring Social Security officials to alert citizens whose numbers are being used by someone else.

"It's OK to ... give a heads-up that people might be the victims of identify theft," said Mark Sparapani, the ACLU's counsel for privacy rights.

But he said that Myrick's push to force the sharing of tax information is bad policy -- and would gut privacy laws in place for 30 years.

"There are well-defined IRS rules that say we're not going to share the private information of taxpayers," Sparapani said.

Myrick's bill also could encourage illegal workers and their employers to stop reporting earnings and paying taxes, Sparapani said.

"That's bad for everyone," he said. "That's a much greater harm than the one the (congresswoman) is trying to address."

But Myrick said she's more concerned about protecting those whose numbers have been stolen.

Said Myrick: "It's an invasion of my privacy if someone is taking my Social Security number and using it."

Taxpayer ID Numbers

Myrick also announced plans to file a bill that would get tough with North Carolina and five other states that still accept taxpayer ID numbers from the IRS as proof of identity or residence by those -- including many illegal immigrants -- seeking driver's licenses. The bill would forbid driver's licenses in those states from being used for employment verification purposes.Last year, Myrick introduced a bill that would deny North Carolina all of its $890 million in federal highway funds unless it stopped accepting the taxpayer ID numbers.
    http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ ... 438489.htm

Dole pushes for new court

U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Dole has asked Attorney General Alberto Gonzales to bring an immigration court to Charlotte.

Although North Carolina is estimated to have the eighth-largest population of illegal immigrants among the 50 states, it has no court within its boundaries to hear cases. Instead, cases often are referred to the court in Atlanta.

"An immigration court located in North Carolina will have a positive impact on the U.S. government's ability to process and adjudicate immigration violations within the region," Dole, a Salisbury Republican, wrote in a letter to Gonzales this month.

The letter comes as the U.S. Department of Justice is reviewing sites across the country to establish new immigration courts. U.S. Rep. Sue Myrick, a Charlotte Republican, has been pushing for a court in the state.
    Dole told Gonzales that North Carolina's population of undocumented immigrants is estimated to have risen from 170,000 to 590,000 in the past decade.

"No other state presently without an immigration court is, in my view, as adversely affected as North Carolina," she wrote. "I am confident that your review of the evidence will lead you to the same conclusion."
    http://www.newsobserver.com/114/story/477670.html

Rep. Sue Myrick has the highest illegal immigration voting grade (2005-2006) in North Carolina. She has a "B" career grade, but during 2005-2006 she has an "A+", which is the highest in the state. It may have taken her until 2005 to fully come on board, but she is solidly on board the anti-illegal immigrant train now! She has served 6 terms.

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/del ... istrict=NC

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast