Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

W. Europe inundated w/IAs since border abolition

Surge in illegal immigration as borders are opened
    By MaltaMedia News
    Jan 23, 2008 - 9:00:22 AM

Western Europe has been inundated by thousands of illegal immigrants and victims of people-trafficking gangs since the Schengen Zone was extended to East Europe in December, said German police.

The surge in illegal immigration following the alleviation of borders had, in fact, been predicted by the German police. They had also demanded a delay in the Schengen expansion as they feared the expansion together with the influx of illegal immigrants could bring about a crime wave.

Map of Schengen ZoneThe Schengen Zone now allows for borderless travel between 24 countries in Europe. Malta was among the nine new countries to enter the Schengen Zone in December 2007 together with Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia. The new group was pre-dominantly from the ex-communist bloc.

With over six hundred illegal immigrants apprehended by patrols in the area of Germany’s border with Poland and the Czech Republic, since December 21st, the numbers speak for themselves.

The police insist that this is just a fraction of the actual number of immigrants who have crossed over. This becomes clearer when these figures are compared with last year when, in the whole of the first six months, only 480 illegal migrants were caught.

German police said that the abolition of borders has opened the doors to migrants from countries beyond the ex-communist bloc and are coming as far afield as Vietnam and India.
    http://www.maltamedia.com/artman2/publi ... 4814.shtml

Ireland has the same problem. Last time my husband went for a visit, he no longer recognized it. In shops and everywhere Irish workers have been replaced with people who do not even speak the language. It reminded me of a colder, wetter California.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excessive birthrates. economic dislocation, climate change, inter-ethnic and religious warfare, employment, business or welfare opportunities---among the many factors inducing people to leave their own countries and head for better pickin's. Still, Europe struggles with incredibly high unemployment.

It's the same thing as here. Open border, liberal ideologues screaming that we need a borderless world.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I was in London I ventured out for some dinner with my mother. I was shocked to see so many Indian resturants. I was there to experince the English food and lifestyle. I was very dissapointed. This is happening everywhere. Then with no borders between Mexico and Canada, you can kiss America good bye. NO to the NAU! Ron Paul 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    When I was in London I ventured out for some dinner with my mother. I was shocked to see so many Indian resturants. I was there to experince the English food and lifestyle. I was very dissapointed. This is happening everywhere. Then with no borders between Mexico and Canada, you can kiss America good bye. NO to the NAU! Ron Paul 2008!
    Indian food and Chinese food is very popular with the Irish too, (although the Chinese menu has NOTHING that is on our Chinese menus, for what ever reason) The Irish culture died about 5 years ago. Saddest part is, the Irish themselves don't see it. Has our culture completely, irrevocably died too, and we are just too close to the trees to see the forest?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Indian food and Chinese food is very popular with the Irish too, (although the Chinese menu has NOTHING that is on our Chinese menus, for what ever reason) The Irish culture died about 5 years ago. Saddest part is, the Irish themselves don't see it. Has our culture completely, irrevocably died too, and we are just too close to the trees to see the forest?
    What kind of food the Irish want to eat is up to them. What would be a pleasant break to an American tourist (traditional cuisine) might be old and boring to them. This highlights the "generation gap" in the immigration debate----and even the globalism vs. national sovereignty debate. Younger people want to sample all of the variety of the world--even to the point of introducing it illegitimately. And often they have not lived through a severe economic disruption to know when a genuine threat is being posed. I am not opposed to a certain amount of multiculturalism ---for variety is the spice of life. However, I think it is understandable to be alarmed when some groups become so ubiquitous they begin to control things in their favor--or the host culture is destroyed. I am finding particularly vexing the economic insecurity being wrought by our importation of workers.

This last Sunday at the church I have been going to there was a couple just returned from Rome, Italy where they are setting up a "refugee ministry." I asked them some questions about the unemployment rate in Italy (high) and they also said there was a lot of underemployment. They also had photos of both right wing and left wing political rallies. Of course the left wing had pro immigrant banners. Italy, Spain and Malta have become Ground Zero for the African migrant wave but there are also a lot of Afghans (war and population explosion), there is a large community of Chinese (economic chaos) there are lots of East Europeans, probably Iraqis. you name it.......
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)